• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Washington

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Washington"

Collapse

• Clarky
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    That's offensive to everyone!!!
    I like to think I don't discriminate...!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Clarky View Post
    As the old joke goes...

Q. What do you get if you cross a Geordie and a Mackem?

A. Washington.

IGMC...
    That's offensive to everyone!!!

Leave a comment:

• Clarky
    replied
    As the old joke goes...

Q. What do you get if you cross a Geordie and a Mackem?

A. Washington.

IGMC...

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Aye W

It's a sair fecht ... (translation it's a hard life)

Funniest thing Ive read for yonks - though I think you left just at the right time - 'Are you A Student ?' is equivocal to what you hear in bars around Hamilton 'ie Who are you Looking at ? '

As often as not - its the prelude to a punch in the kisser .
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 August 2009, 14:21.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I left promptly.

Very wise!

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Great shame you didn't tell us about it....

I'd have paid to have seen that

I don't drink in Sunderland any more.... after an armistice day riot broke out between the navy and the army in the pub I was drinking in.

The locals loved it though.

"Better than Corrie"

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    So I went up there & didn't get the gig. Don't think they liked me very much -think they had trouble understanding my funny accent.

After the interview, I went into some pub calleds the Railway Inn in Sunderland thinking it was the sort of establishment that would cater for the travelling gentleman & asked if they would do me a G&T and a plate of olives; the whole place went silent and I felt the weight of everyone's gaze upon me all of a sudden. I glanced around at the beers they had and decided on something called Vaux (which I'd never heard of before) & asked for a pint of that. Problem was I thought it was French & pronounced it "voh" instead of "vauks". More silence which was finally broken by a guy at the bar asking me if I was a student & I thought of all those cartoon strips in Viz where that question is asked which normally involve the questionee having his face pounded in. I left promptly.

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    and exactly how did you accidentally stumble on this?

just askin'
    It was posted on Reddit.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    I liked South Shields - by the sea...

Better than Roker and loads of Indian Restaurants - Ocean Road..

£40 - £50 per night B&B.

T
    Ps... it's not the car company is it? - I've heard there's just been a 10% cut - take it or leave it....!

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    Just be glad it`s not the other Washington:

http://keithiskneedeepinmud.blogspot...k.html?depends
    and exactly how did you accidentally stumble on this?

just askin'

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Don't click on that link at work, like I just did!

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Nsfw

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Just be glad it`s not the other Washington:

http://keithiskneedeepinmud.blogspot...k.html?depends

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    but you'd need to wear about 20 coats if you're a soft southerner
    I guess I won't be soaking up the rays in my Speedos then!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Thanks Sally Anne - I'll bear all that in mine if I get the role. Roker sounds ok, is there a beach there?
    Yeah - and a pier, a lighthouse, a marina (a bit further down), a few amusements (a bit further up)....but you'd need to wear about 20 coats if you're a soft southerner, cause that North Sea fret has a bit of a nip in it
    Cures all hangovers though!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X