• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Unbenched!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unbenched!"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Well done that man!

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    New contract starts tomorrow.
    Well done!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, still in NL. I was about to go to Brussels for an interview, but then these guys called, said they'd heard I was good (I must have bribed the right people with my christmas wine bottles) and would I come along straight away and talk with them. Sure, I said, and a few hours later the contract was arranged.
    impressed to fck

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Where is it ? are you still abroad ? well done

Yep, still in NL. I was about to go to Brussels for an interview, but then these guys called, said they'd heard I was good (I must have bribed the right people with my christmas wine bottles) and would I come along straight away and talk with them. Sure, I said, and a few hours later the contract was arranged.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I was beginning to get used to the bench; ah well, back to making money again.

Best of luck to everyone. Just keep plugging away at it. There ARE contracts, but they're often a bit shorter than in the past and sometimes the rates are crap. My rate on this one will be quite a bit less than I've become accustomed to, but hey, I'll still be earning twice as much as a permie, so I can't complain.

Have now restocked wine cellar with some Grands Échezaux in anticipation of much merriment with Mrs Tester. Of course, she's out buying shoes, as women do when they want to celebrate something.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Well done, MTT!

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Well done

Leave a comment: