• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Secret police intelligence was given to E.ON"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Oh don't quote the fool, you only encourage him.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Incognito's dad was an ex copper and his family dumped him into a boarding school. He seeks affirmation and love from strong male types but always expects rejection.
    Perhaps he should get together with HAB.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Incognito's dad was an ex copper and his family dumped him into a boarding school. He seeks affirmation and love from strong male types but always expects rejection.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah yes I am rather old fashioned and naive in believing that the duty of the body politic is to serve the long term interests of the country. Silly me.
    Good god, what you mean no lining of the pockets? Why on Earth would anyone go into politics then?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Not at all, brilliant strategy on the part of Gordon Brown and his commie cronies seeing how we're all going to be part of the United States of Europe. They're just ensuring they're on the right side of the boardroom come retirement from government.
    Ah yes I am rather old fashioned and naive in believing that the duty of the body politic is to serve the long term interests of the country. Silly me.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    You can't read this crap because minestrone is on your ignore list.

Damn, I'm sure it's interesting and relevant as well.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Getting back to the Sockpuppet part, I'll be in Richmond on the 29th, come along if you want to say Hello.
    You and what? The other 2 folk on here who have said they will go. Must be your contraceptive personality.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well actually the bigger question is whether we are the only country in the world to have foreign companies run our key infrastructure.
    The short-sightedness of that is mind-boggling.

Not at all, brilliant strategy on the part of Gordon Brown and his commie cronies seeing how we're all going to be part of the United States of Europe. They're just ensuring they're on the right side of the boardroom come retirement from government.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I realise that this is way above your head and beyond your obviously limited intelligence, but if there is a threat to national security then it is up to the police and the security services to police it (you may notice the big clue in the fact that "police" is a verb and an organisation), not power companies or their subcontractors. The level of information they divulged was clearly way beyond advising them to cancel holidays.

I still can't figure out if you are indeed a complete moron, or if you are just here on a big wind up.
    Hmmm, you obviously are cut up about something I've posted previously. If I annoy you that much, add me to your ignore list, it's not hard.

BERR officials passed a strategy document belonging to the "environmental protest community" to E.ON
    I'm guessing the protestor's strategy document details what they plan on doing to disrupt the power station

Government officials forwarded a Metropolitan police intelligence document to E.ON, detailing the movements and whereabouts of climate protesters in the run-up to demonstration.
    I'm guessing that it's to advise them Joe Bloggs is 10 miles away from you on such and such a day indicating a sneaky attack.

E.ON passed its planning strategy for the protest to the department's civil servants
    That's going from E.ON to the government detailing what they're doing about the protest

BERR and E.ON tried to share information about their media strategies before the protest, and civil servants asked the energy company for press contacts for EDF, BP and Kent police.
    Erm, what's so horrifyingly wrong about that?

Is it all of the above that worries you or just a single point?

Now getting back to the Guardian scaremongering, none of that material would be protectively marked Secret.

Getting back to the Sockpuppet part, I'll be in Richmond on the 29th, come along if you want to say Hello.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well actually the bigger question is whether we are the only country in the world to have foreign companies run our key infrastructure.
    The short-sightedness of that is mind-boggling.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I think your response was a tad out of proportion PMJ. So what if the information shared was for more than staff allocation? It's key infrastructure and as such is a legitimate intelligence priority.
    ...not at all. Read this character's past posts - he/she appears to have been on a wind up for ages so it is difficult to know whether to take his/her "contributions" seriously or not.

I'm beginning to think it is a sockpuppet - so perhaps best not to rise to the bait any more.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    WHS
    I think your response was a tad out of proportion PMJ. So what if the information shared was for more than staff allocation? It's key infrastructure and as such is a legitimate intelligence priority.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    The police will police it, they're simply sharing information with the relevant security departments so if needs be they could bring in extra staff, cancel holidays, etc.
    I realise that this is way above your head and beyond your obviously limited intelligence, but if there is a threat to national security then it is up to the police and the security services to police it (you may notice the big clue in the fact that "police" is a verb and an organisation), not power companies or their subcontractors. The level of information they divulged was clearly way beyond advising them to cancel holidays.

I still can't figure out if you are indeed a complete moron, or if you are just here on a big wind up.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    It's no secret that intelligence is shared between the police and key corporates' business continuity departments, in the interests of national security, to try and prevent disruption to UK Plc.
    http://www.cpni.gov.uk/

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    It's no secret that intelligence is shared between the police and key corporates' business continuity departments, in the interests of national security, to try and prevent disruption to UK Plc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X