• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Birthday Presents.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Birthday Presents."

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit
    OH MY GOD - THAT IS DISGUSTING
    Yeah, good isn't it?

Makes me experience a big amount of schadenfreude whenever I remember the university "rugby/hockey" types doing their "dares".

I'm sure some of them are stacking supermarket trolleys as we speak...

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Not this - "Meat (UK) - The flesh, including fat, skin, rind, gristle and sinew in amounts naturally associated with the flesh used, of any animal or bird normally used for human consumption. Does include diaphragm, head meat (muscle meat and associated fatty tissue only), heart, kidney, liver, pancreas, tail meat, thymus and tongue. May (depending on intended use of product) include brains, feet, large and small intestines, lungs, oesophagus, rectum, spinal cord, spleen, stomach, testicles, udder."

Just to put you off even more. I used to have to fix the PC's in a well known Burger Establishment, and if I told you that the burgers where actually formed from a slurry into a machine rather like a Doughnut machine...would you then think of the Burgers as 100% what?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've visited a pet food plant.

They use practically anything as ingredients. Heads of pigs, cattle, genitals, huge vats of intestines. Things sprayed green.

The place has a stomach churning stench and everything is covered in a slimy smelly rancid grease.

Oh no, it wasn't a pet food plant come to think of it, it was the staff canteen.

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    In this packaged day an age with processed food what do you really think they mean when they describe something as "Meat"?.....
    Not this - "Meat (UK) - The flesh, including fat, skin, rind, gristle and sinew in amounts naturally associated with the flesh used, of any animal or bird normally used for human consumption. Does include diaphragm, head meat (muscle meat and associated fatty tissue only), heart, kidney, liver, pancreas, tail meat, thymus and tongue. May (depending on intended use of product) include brains, feet, large and small intestines, lungs, oesophagus, rectum, spinal cord, spleen, stomach, testicles, udder."

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied

In this packaged day an age with processed food what do you really think they mean when they describe something as "Meat"?.....

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Do you remember when Dog Pooh was always white?

Ah, white dog poo, Raleigh Choppers, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Marvellous
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 18 October 2005, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Blame the animal food manufacturing industries and a whole bunch of deceit:

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/ChalkWhite.html

or more verbosely:

http://www.messybeast.com/cat-food-industry.htm

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    that was ether too much charlie for the dog, or when it was very old poo.

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    When I was younger there were always lots of dead cats by the side of the road. Now I haven't seen a cat road kill for yrs.

Anyone got any explanations?
    Yes, I have been collecting them all. Never need to worry about buying a present again

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    perhaps the tights are like the ones builders wear in winter. You know, the ones with the extra appendage room!!!?

She rang this morning to ask if i liked thm..

She said she'd seen them on daytime TV and thought as I feel the cold they would help. - She is quite wise - But... I'd rather feel the cold.

But I'll have to tell her they are great - kept me warm etc. - Then again - what will I get next year ?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    When I was younger there were always lots of dead cats by the side of the road. Now I haven't seen a cat road kill for yrs.

Dunlop Announce Vulcanised Rubber Shortage - New Natural Product Found

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Cats have evolved.

Cats now learn at cat school how to cross the road.

Or you don't notice any longer.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X