• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Football related thread"

Collapse

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    an officer being isolated and stamped on by a baying mob described by a police chief as acting like a pack of wolves. As fans held their arms aloft in seeming triumph, the policeman managed to escape with a broken arm.

Feel sorry for policeman

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Or 200,000+ to Manchester.

Pity we left a couple in the cells.

I suppose that is the differnce between us,

Mayor of seville..

Mr Monteseirin said: "I am writing from Seville to you on the excellent behaviour, good fun and good manners shown by thousands of Celtic supporters during their stay in our city.

"You should feel proud to have fans such as these in Glasgow who give their city and country a good name.

"I would like to send publicly the congratulations of the City of Seville to the fans and, in general, to all the citizens of Glasgow.

"We hope to see you again in Seville on a similar occasion, when you will surely be luckier on the playing field."
    Contrasted with..

Closed-circuit television footage released by Greater Manchester Police showed an officer being isolated and stamped on by a baying mob described by a police chief as acting like a pack of wolves. As fans held their arms aloft in seeming triumph, the policeman managed to escape with a broken arm.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Still, I do not want to move to the English Premiership.
    Good for you......

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Realistically, neither Celtic nor Rangers would qualify for the Champions League very often, and they will almost certainly have won their last league titles for many years.

All they'd have to look forward to every season is fighting for a Europa Cup spot with the likes of Fulham, Wigan, West Ham and Spurs. Then putting out weakened teams in it so they can concentrate on precious league points.
    I was at the Celtic game on Saturday, 60,000 to watch a game against Aberdeen. The board has said that they will extend the stadium to 80,000 if we get into the EPL. In terms of British clubs potential really only Man U exceed us. Still, I do not want to move to the English Premiership.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    How many clubs could take 80,000+ fans to Seville for a UEFA Cup final?
    Or 200,000+ to Manchester.

Pity we left a couple in the cells.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Nope - there are welsh teams in the english league. They have their own parliament - what's the difference?

And Berwick plays in Scotland ...
    That's the big smoking gun which means UEFA and the FA couldn't object to it on accounts of it being racist if they don’t allow the Scottish teams in. Then you've got all the anti competition and restriction of trade arguments if UEFA said they wouldn't let us play with their ball.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Realistically, neither Celtic nor Rangers would qualify for the Champions League very often, and they will almost certainly have won their last league titles for many years.

All they'd have to look forward to every season is fighting for a Europa Cup spot with the likes of Fulham, Wigan, West Ham and Spurs. Then putting out weakened teams in it so they can concentrate on precious league points.
    Not so sure I'd agree with that, I think we'd be competing in the champions league before long. When it comes down to it, football is a game where money dictates a lot (not all, but a hell of a lot), and the spending power of the old firm would be right up there with Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea etc and after a few years of the right transfers etc.

At the end of the day, a club like Celtic has a phenomenally big worldwide supporter base. None of your second tier teams can say that, and to be honest I think Man U would comfortably outnumber us but I'd put us on a par with Liverpool and way ahead of anyone else in England.

How many clubs could take 80,000+ fans to Seville for a UEFA Cup final?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Having Celtic and Rangers in the premiership would make it a British league.

UEFA and FIFA would be one step closer to abolishing the England, Wales and Scotland teams for a single British team.

That won't happen as Scotland is after independence. The sooner that happens the better and we can dump those massive subsidies that they don't appreciate.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

UEFA and FIFA would be one step closer to abolishing the England, Wales and Scotland teams for a single British team.
    Nope - there are welsh teams in the english league. They have their own parliament - what's the difference?

And Berwick plays in Scotland ...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    While we are at it. Simon Jordan has a plan

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    You seem to be suffering from the delusion that anyone here gives a toss what you think CB.

Nobody ever gives a toss about what I think. That's why we've had 12 years of Labour.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Quite frankly, any scenario that means drunken Scots fans travelling to England every two weeks and vice versa is asking for trouble. Rangers and Celtic should stay in their own league IMO. Scots and English fans should not be mixed and any plan to do that is just plain crazy.
    You seem to be suffering from the delusion that anyone here gives a toss what you think CB.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Quite frankly, any scenario that means drunken Scots fans travelling to England every two weeks and vice versa is asking for trouble. Rangers and Celtic should stay in their own league IMO. Scots and English fans should not be mixed and any plan to do that is just plain crazy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X