• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Last Gig I Saw Was..."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Nik Turner's Space Ritual at Frome Cheese and Grain in Oct 2008.
    Damn good gig considering they had all there kit nicked the night before!
    Saw him a few years ago in Frankfurt. He saw us standing outside and even though we had tickets invited us backstage prior to the gig for a beer and scooby snacks first. About 80 people in a 500 person hall. Excellent gig and afterwards saw around shooting the breeze with everyone. Had a good chat with Trev from the Atomgods and got some tapes from him.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    The Foo Fighters at Wembley last year.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Simple Minds
    Wembley Stadium
    circa 1990

it were great!

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Nik Turner's Space Ritual at Frome Cheese and Grain in Oct 2008.
    Damn good gig considering they had all there kit nicked the night before!

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    So long ago I can't be certian!

I THINK it was Oasis at Hampden about 4/5 years back

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
    The Black Crowes at Brixton Academy.

That seems to be the only UK date they're playing

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    The Black Crowes at Brixton Academy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I've got tickets to see counting crows in Manchester on monday but have to be in Geneva. I feckin hate this job!

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I think the Manics are playing at The Roundhouse soon ... I can pretend to be a pseudo-punk again

My last gig was Runrig at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2007; before that it was Barenaked Ladies at the Hammersmith Apollo.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    GFSnail dragged me to The Fray at Camden Roundhouse last night.

YAWN!

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    I play guitar, I listen to guitar.

The singers only there to accompany the guitarist.

If he's a good voice, he's more listenable to than the bass

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Saw Dio live a couple of years back Tony, in a little cellar in the Newcastle Uni halls of residence and they rocked!

Each to their own, I know but their guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also tours with Whitesnake) is a star. He also stayed behind afterwards for a chat and a beer.

That said, I love Dio's voice and had to see him tour with Heaven and Hell last year (80's Black Sabbath ). Will go again when they tour with their new album.
    I saw them at a place in Leeds while I was still at school, when they used to tour around carrying large chunks of Scotland with them (castles and dragons etc) They were good but shortly after I realised all his songs follow a format.

They all have rubbihs lyrics and the last verse is a repeat of the stuff he sang earlier. it's as if he hits 70% of the way through and things fec it I'm off to the pub and just does a bit of cutting and pasting. Finally all his songs are something to do with children of the night with a sword in their hands fighting for something. It's like the musical version of dungeons and dragons.

I like the tunes though - I just wished his lyrics were not so geeky

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Rammstein in London on their last tour. Awesome.

So on the same tour, I also got tickets to see them in Prague and Germany as well.
    I lurvvve Rammstien, they are my poddi music of choice for marching along busy streets - everyone gets out of my way

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Rammstein in London on their last tour. Awesome.

So on the same tour, I also got tickets to see them in Prague and Germany as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The Gutter Twins Manchester University, prior to that I think it was QOTSA (who are a shadow of the Nick Oliveri years)

before that NIN, I think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X