• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hillsborough - 20 years on"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I also heard last night on the radio that in the 2005 final that Liverpool won on penalties after 3-3 at full-time, Liverpool fans were using fag packets to show as tickets and many gained entrance. They never learn and the fact that they are callling for a reopening of an investigation that found them in no way culpable beggers belief !!
    Hey cybertwunt, haven't you finished tugging yourself off over this issue?
    Isn't there a plane crash you can gloat over, you complete bell-end?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Do you disagree with the point I made? If so - how so? Do you deny the "steaming" took place? If you accept it took place why can you not see that those steamers bear some culpability for the tragedy that unfolded as a result of their actions....?

I also heard last night on the radio that in the 2005 final that Liverpool won on penalties after 3-3 at full-time, Liverpool fans were using fag packets to show as tickets and many gained entrance. They never learn and the fact that they are callling for a reopening of an investigation that found them in no way culpable beggers belief !!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    He's closer to 60 than 40. He's due to retire in a couple of years and doesn't have a significant other to <paraphrase> drain his resources </paraphrase>

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    He's closer to 60 than 40.
    eek

Ah well that explains the fixed mind, lack of originality, opinionatedness and collection of prejudices.
    The cretinism was there from birth, most likely.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I found out yesterday that Cybercretin is over 40. From his juvenile posts I had him pegged as early twenties.
    By his own admission he's also single.
    He drove 300 miles at Easter (on his own) to watch a footie match.

Are you getting the picture now? Would be sad except you can't help hating the twunt.
    He's closer to 60 than 40. He's due to retire in a couple of years and doesn't have a significant other to <paraphrase> drain his resources </paraphrase>

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I tell you what, I've sat and seen people rip into you for a couple of months now and I've always wondered why.

It's clearly obvious now. You are a prize tw@t and I honestly hope I have the pleasure of meeting you in person one day.
    I found out yesterday that Cybercretin is over 40. From his juvenile posts I had him pegged as early twenties.
    By his own admission he's also single.
    He drove 300 miles at Easter (on his own) to watch a footie match.

Are you getting the picture now? Would be sad except you can't help hating the twunt.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    A further enquiry will just be a waste of taxpayer's money. We already pay enough through benefits to the population of Liverpool without wasting more.
    Do you understand what smilies are?

I'm genuinely interested.

Leave a comment:

• JamieMoles
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    At least Cybertwit is just someones sockpuppet doing this for the sake of trolling/reaction. I actually think that you believe you made a point.
    Do you disagree with the point I made? If so - how so? Do you deny the "steaming" took place? If you accept it took place why can you not see that those steamers bear some culpability for the tragedy that unfolded as a result of their actions....?

This will all be over tomorrow - you can go about your business and never let it bother you again. For those of us born within a mile of Mann Isle, it will remain with us. Football in Liverpool is part of the glue that makes us a community; as such when one hurts, we all hurt, red or blue. It sounds stupid and sentimental but thats just the way it is.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with sentimentality and remembrance after such a tragedy - no matter how long ago.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Hypocrisy does spring to mind, but then again most of these guys do vote Labour. It takes one to know one, as they say.
    Christ, your life must be really sh!t.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    what about us posh ones from the stockbroker belt in Bootle
    Posh and Bootle in one sentence - never thought I'd see the day . At least pretend you're from Lydiate

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    For those of us born within a mile of Mann Isle, it will remain with us.
    what about us posh ones from the stockbroker belt in Bootle

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Obviously a lot of feelings running here, but my question still stands:

"Do Liverpool fans mourn the Heysel Stadium Disaster?"

There is no memorial to the Heysel Stadium Disaster at Anfield. Juventus did not set up a memorial either (and have been criticised for this.)
    Yes

Almost 20 years after that terrible day, Liverpool and Juventus were drawn together again for the first time in the quarterfinals of the Champions League. It was if fate had brought the two teams together to join forces and honour those who had lost their lives at Heysel.

"There is a friendship between the two clubs and supporters," Liverpool Chief Executive Rick Parry revealed after the draw had been announced. "As soon as the draw paired us together for the first time in 20 years, memories of the Heysel Stadium disaster were naturally in people's minds, both in Turin and here on Merseyside. The two clubs built bridges and forged powerful links after Heysel. The bond between us remains strong, but we still want all Juventus fans to know that we are very sorry about the fact that 39 people lost their lives. We moved forward in a spirit of friendship after Heysel and the clubs continue to work together in a spirit of mutual respect."

May 29th remains a day of remembrance for both Juventus and Liverpool supporters.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post

There is no memorial to the Heysel Stadium Disaster at Anfield. Juventus did not set up a memorial either (and have been criticised for this.)

Hypocrisy does spring to mind, but then again most of these guys do vote Labour. It takes one to know one, as they say.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    I do agree with you - however when the crowd is actively trying to defeat any "crowd control" measures being used, that same crowd must bear some of the responsibility for the consequences.
    At least Cybertwit is just someones sockpuppet doing this for the sake of trolling/reaction. I actually think that you believe you made a point.

This will all be over tomorrow - you can go about your business and never let it bother you again. For those of us born within a mile of Mann Isle, it will remain with us. Football in Liverpool is part of the glue that makes us a community; as such when one hurts, we all hurt, red or blue. It sounds stupid and sentimental but thats just the way it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X