• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spare money poll

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spare money poll"

Collapse

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    "adding value" eh?

Kirsty will be proud.
    Yes, for our benefit.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Looks like the economy is as ****ed as I thought. Any spare cash is not being spent on things that will stimulate the economy.

... and I thought that the 2.5% drop in VAT would make such a difference !!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I should work for National Statistics.
    That you should.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I do my bit by pretending to be shopping. Others around me might thus feel more tempted to buy something themselves and not feel so foolhardy by parting with their money so easily which they obviously have too much of.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Hmmm... based on a representative sample of 0.046% of the members of a bulletin board...

I should work for National Statistics.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Looks like the economy is as ****ed as I thought. Any spare cash is not being spent on things that will stimulate the economy.
    Hmmm... based on a representative sample of 0.046% of the members of a bulletin board...

I'm helping the local economy by spending locally, small businesses instead of chain stores, that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    "adding value" eh?

Kirsty will be proud.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    I'm actually keeping a couple of builders employed with some home improvements, primarily for a better quality of life. I've lived in the same place, the first and only I ever bought, for 17 years now, and don't plan on selling for at least another 10.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Where's the "going to line MPs pockets for their expenses" option?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    You forgot the "being spent by wife" option, or "hiding it from wife & kids"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have no spare money : ask my ex wife.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    daughter and friends to NY (1week)for 16th bday
    grandkids to Oban (1 week) to take pressure off daughter
    I assume it's a different child that got you the grandkids??

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Reduce the mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    I've already Eaten, drank, and been merry with mine, so the is no spare monies

Leave a comment:

Working...
X