• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dullest post competition"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    who won ????

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    where about in Aylesbury, I worked and lived there for a year, whilst working a Forte. Some of the outlaying villages are very nice.
    The blue sloping building, near the station. It is HBOS now, but used to be Equitable Life.

It is quite nice around Aylesbury Vale. I live in somewhere called Edlesborough.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    And here in Aylesbury.
    where about in Aylesbury, I worked and lived there for a year, whilst working at Forte. Some of the outlaying villages are very nice.
    Last edited by n5gooner; 17 October 2005, 08:07.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    It was foggy this morning......
    And here in Aylesbury.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    It was foggy this morning......

Leave a comment:

• xodia
    replied
    Originally posted by Xena
    Make sure that xoggoth character isn't in it. He's isn't a proper 'x' person at all.
    perhaps thats why his not happy with all us new X's

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    I'm thinking of writing a history of people with nicks beginning with the letter 'x'.
    Make sure that xoggoth character isn't in it. He's isn't a proper 'x' person at all.

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    I'm thinking of writing a history of people with nicks beginning with the letter 'x'.

Leave a comment:

• xodia
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    I'm starting a similar book and I'm looking for contributors if you're interested.

The working title at the moment is "The History of Sawdust", though it might change as I'm looking for something a bit more catchy to try and improve the sales.
    Sorry, i think xoggoth already has a book coming out on that subject

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    I'm starting a similar book and I'm looking for contributors if you're interested.

The working title at the moment is "The History of Sawdust", though it might change as I'm looking for something a bit more catchy to try and improve the sales.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by xodia
    anyone read "The History of Concrete" recently
    I'd love to have written it.

Leave a comment:

• xodia
    replied
    anyone read "The History of Concrete" recently

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Bit late posting today. Heard a rumour that a class 45 rolling stock wagon would be passing our favourite spotting viewpoint later this morning. While we were waiting we poured a few cups of lovely hot tea from Derek's new flask when all of a sudden ...wwhooooooossssshhhhhhh .. the much sought after 306 registered intercity went past. We were all so excited ! I can't tell you. So excited that Derek's friend Nobby actually spilt his tea .. can you believe that ?

It really was our morning this morning though 'cos Nobby had brought his new binoculars with him and we all took it in turns to have a look down the line with them. Wow fantastic let me tell you !!! We chose this viewing spot 'cos the track is very straight there for about a mile either side ... really. Anyway, with Nobby's new binoculars the detail was fantastic. Just before the track curves a mile down from our place, with his binoculars you can actually see the individual rivots - it's really rivotting let me tell you

Must dash now though 'cos Nobby's wife Brenda is calling us for dinner. I think its a roast which is really great 'cos Brenda really does Know how to cook caulifower. Infact ... ne'er mind just now, can always tell you another time.

Get back to you all later ... with the latest about that amazing class 45 wagon !!!

Leave a comment:

• Toad
    replied
    I've got a hole in my underpants that's the same shape as Africa. But smaller.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    I'm running in a cross country race tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know where it is. Does anyone here know?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X