• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The G20 has lost the plot"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    For a mere simpleton such as me it seems like this.

If I spend all year boozing it up and spending cash like its going out of fashion, then when I get benched I am completely knackered. I have to borrow money to stay afloat, and then when I get another gig, have to square the debt plus interest before I can consider myself solvent again, thus reducing the speed of my recovery.

Being a prudent rate whore, I do not live like this. During the good times I live fairly frugally, drive ok ish motors and don't take the mickey. When the lean times come I live off what I have saved, don't scrounge off the state and try and use my bench time learning new skills.

So what Chris79 advocates as commons sense seems to me (the uneducated in economics) as common sense.

Now what I would invite sasguru to do is provide in his next post a bulleted list of why it is more prudent to overspend during the good times and borrow like mad during the lean times. No rhetoric or recited economic theory, just bullet pointed, well reasoned arguments that even a dimbo such as me can understand.

Maestro, take it away.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes I do. I explained it before but you were to thick to take in on board.
    too

you thick spud

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Hennans lines make good political spin and are lapped up by idiots, but are not supported by economic history.
    idiots think one can borrow to get out of debt, spend to get out of recession. That obviously makes things worse and worse for the future until a time when the debts and taxes become utterly enormous and a collapse of the system. Which is exactly what the commies want.

ps. if you borrow you have to 1. pay it back 2. with interest. Please try and grasp this. If you borrow more you got to pay 1. more back 2. with interest.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    you have no sensible response to it, do you

Yes I do. I explained it before but you were to thick to take in on board.
    There is a respected economic theory that says that in a depression you have to do everything to get the economy moving again. Hence quantitive easing.

Hennans lines make good political spin and are lapped up by idiots, but are not supported by economic history.

Google "Bernanke helicopter drop" for more info.

And come back when you have knowledge about economics.

PS Welcome back Chico. I missed taking the piss out of you.

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Repeating a sentence by Hennan does not constitute debate, you imbecile.
    you have no sensible response to it, do you

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    they want to shut down debate as they cannot win the arguments
    Repeating a sentence by Hennan does not constitute debate, you imbecile.

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    Haha

if peoiple, including yourself, didnt discuss their opinions and frustrations in heated debate there would be hardly ANY posts on this forum. Are you advocating anyone without an Economics doctorate should not say anything about economics?

And that anyone who disagrees with YOU is how did you put it "...economically unqualified IT nerd presuming to make judgements..."

Which camp do you fall into then?

they want to shut down debate as they cannot win the arguments

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Haha

if peoiple, including yourself, didnt discuss their opinions and frustrations in heated debate there would be hardly ANY posts on this forum. Are you advocating anyone without an Economics doctorate should not say anything about economics?

And that anyone who disagrees with YOU is how did you put it "...economically unqualified IT nerd presuming to make judgements..."

Are there only 2 camps? How very binary of you.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Hmmm. I would say an ignorant, presumably economically unqualified IT nerd presuming to make judgements on Keynes smacks of arrogance to me. Or maybe it's just cretinism. Straight out of the AtW school of economic "expertise". I refer you to this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...out-today.html
    Haha

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You are a real dick, possibly the most arrogant person posting on this forum.
    Hmmm. I would say an ignorant, presumably economically unqualified IT nerd presuming to make judgements on Keynes smacks of arrogance to me. Or maybe it's just cretinism. Straight out of the AtW school of economic "expertise". I refer you to this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...out-today.html
    Last edited by sasguru; 3 April 2009, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Thank you O great economist. When do you pick up your Nobel?
    You are a real dick, possibly the most arrogant person posting on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I am sick and tired of Keynesian Economic Theory.

NONE of his theories have been proven.

Because unless you can track the timeline in a parallel universe that did NOT apply Keynes's theories, you can't say whether it helped or hindered.

The Great Depression tried Keynes' approach and it took a world war 15 years later to drag the world out of the economic doldrums. Keynesian tactics failed in the '30s.

From a basic common sense perspective Keynes pretty much advocates Inflating away the debt in all but name.

If you are not TRULY creating new wealth via tangible worthwhile products and services, you are basically pushing around funny money and devaluing everything.
    Thank you O great economist. When do you pick up your Nobel?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    g20 produces one trillion dollars from behind your ear

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    s readers know, I always blamed the credit bubble on two forces.

Wrong.
    Do you mean he's wrong to assume that readers know, for example because you're a reader and you didn't know, or that he hasn't always blamed the credit bubble on two forces, because you remember an article when he blamed it on something else, or that he has and readers know he has, but is wrong?

OH in "Sir Humphrey" mode

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Sas's vote for idiot of the day....spot on I would say.

You have to be idiot of the day for agreeing with the stupid fool !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X