• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All my contractors returned to the UK"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

TRUST NOONE!!!!
    Who's this Noone bloke? Never heard of him, not going to trust him.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    Does this mean that you need people who can start on Monday?

tim
    I await the answer to this with bated breath.

Well, actually I don't.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by GL Team View Post
    Yesterday I came in and found that no-one in my team had renewed. Everyone had returned back to the UK.

What happened?

They didn't say a word, HR knew they had not renewed their contract, but that's normal, they know we need them, we are often tardy about the paperwork. My project will be cancelled without them!

If you're reading this guys, why did you not discuss it me before you left Belgium? I thought we had a good relationship! But the first I find out is that you all disappeared.

I was hoping it was an April fool, but today is the same.

The agency won't say, only that my key person is starting work in Madrid. What happened? Did Belgium catch the plague? Was it me?
    Does this mean that you need people who can start on Monday?

tim

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    "oh yes it was me, sorry about that I just assumed you didnt want me, ok i'll be back in a couple of weeks, double rate and the contract better be ready and waiting

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    it's without a doubt a lame attempt at a sockpuppet

if by the remotest chance it's real then tough tulip to your project, you really should treat those you hire better

what are you actually expecting as a reply from this?

"oh yes it was me, sorry about that I just assumed you didnt want me, ok i'll be back in tomorrow, same rate and dont worry about the none signed contract"????

if that's your expectation then you sir are an idiot

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    anguish and shock

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    You are paranoid. This is not the first time you have seen a conspiracy that did not exist...
    Well you would say that wouldn't you?!!!!

TRUST NOONE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    how can you make a team of contractors?
    Contractors are individual service providers.

and they never team up.
    I beg to differ. I beg to differ most strongly.

Try sitting in a bar with a bunch of contractors when someone won't stand his round. THEN tell us contractors never team up.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    they never team up.
    We're going to have to agree to disagree there.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    First off it was not me, but sometimes the occasional bus trip can be funny.

Does everyone have to do the "teacher, teacher I know Billy stole 10 pence from the charity tin" act?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Yeah, me too. You'd never find two contractors who trusted each other enough to go through with something like this, let alone a whole team of them.

how can you make a team of contractors?
    Contractors are individual service providers.

and they never team up.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    A Pulitzer will be sufficient, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Yep, this post is definitely not genuine. Nobody walks out of a contract into unemployment in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    If it weren't for you pesky kids...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Tsk. Blatantly the admins are in on this too - It's attracted too much attention from them too soon.

Hah - you thought you could fool us, moderator-types! <waggles finger> We know it's part of Zeity's cunning masterplan.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    What a crock.

Edit: Also Admins what hapened to that 3 posts being vetted before new users are allowed to post rule?
    Call me paranoid but I'd say (a) this is an agent, stupid enough to think we'll fall for this sh*te and go "oooh please hire us then - here's my CV", and that (b) CUK have just let him in by the back door.
    Sally, who ever said three posts were vetted? The initial moderation count is actually higher than this and has not lapsed.

You are paranoid. This is not the first time you have seen a conspiracy that did not exist...

I just approved the post as it amused me and thought is may entertain some of you too rather than cause the anguish and shock it seems to have caused you. I don't know if the poster was real or not and if it is fishing then it will not work as the poster is a new user so subsequent posts will be moderated (so they will not be able to get an email address through) and as a new user they have no access to the PM system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X