• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: G20 Protester dies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "G20 Protester dies"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    This bit looks rather dictatorial;
    'I bet you that little grotbags doesn't even have a job just like 90% of the scum that were there. They're not protesting about anything they're your usual run of the mill screw the system toe-rags you get at all these demos. Should have put the horses right into the middle of them. Watch them squeal then.

Do you personally know whether 90% of the people there are 'scum'? Perhaps many of the people there were simply people wishing to protest, but who might hold different opinions to your own. 'Putting the horses right into the middle of them' would seem to be rather a dictatorial tactic towards those who express opinions you don't like. As for 'watch them squeal then', well that doesn't really give the impression that you're a great supporter of the right of protest.
    You will notice in my earlier post I differentiated from the people who are genuine peaceful demonstrators and those scum who are only there to cause trouble. Maybe 90% is a bit of an overstatement, but I'd definitely consider the majority of people in that group of protestors were scum. However that's my opinion of them, you're welcome to your own.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Well you seem to be quite happy stating I'm a dictator for defending the Police in 'some' of their actions at the G20 demos. I'm simply stating that some demonstrators have alterior motives for being there and as such the kids gloves should rightly come off.
    This bit looks rather dictatorial;
    'I bet you that little grotbags doesn't even have a job just like 90% of the scum that were there. They're not protesting about anything they're your usual run of the mill screw the system toe-rags you get at all these demos. Should have put the horses right into the middle of them. Watch them squeal then.

Do you personally know whether 90% of the people there are 'scum'? Perhaps many of the people there were simply people wishing to protest, but who might hold different opinions to your own. 'Putting the horses right into the middle of them' would seem to be rather a dictatorial tactic towards those who express opinions you don't like. As for 'watch them squeal then', well that doesn't really give the impression that you're a great supporter of the right of protest.

SOME demonstrators are indeed thugs; the duty of the police is to protect those who aren't THUGS while dealing with the thugs in a decent fashion according to the law, and while setting an example of how to behave. yes, that's difficult, and mistakes will be made. However, it is not the duty of the police to kill innocent bystanders, as has now happened twice in the last few years, to beat people with batons for saying nasty things, and certainly not their duty to try to conceal their their actions or their own identity; that is what happens in a police state.

The police need to take a very serious look at their tactics now. At some stage they're going to pick a fight with the wrong person. It only takes one or two large, fit people who can fight back and all hell is going to break loose.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    It says it all that many coppers appeared not to be wearing their ID numbers. That is the sign of a secret police state, as they were obviously trying to avoid being identified. They would only try to avoid being identified if they were worried about the ramifications of their heavy-handed violent approach.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Who said people should have the right to do what they want?

Personally I even suggested that the woman could have been arrested for her behaviour.
    Well you seem to be quite happy stating I'm a dictator for defending the Police in 'some' of their actions at the G20 demos. I'm simply stating that some demonstrators have alterior motives for being there and as such the kids gloves should rightly come off.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    And why were they respected? Was it because the public trusted them to serve and protect within the law or was it because the public feared them? You can gain respect in two ways but only one is worth anything IMO.
    Oh come on you're just being silly now. I very much doubt anyone ever did or has feared the Police. A slap round the ear is a little bit different to getting driven out into the desert and shot.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There used to be a time when the Police were respected.
    And why were they respected? Was it because the public trusted them to serve and protect within the law or was it because the public feared them? You can gain respect in two ways but only one is worth anything IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Then compare that with the scum that you seem to think should have the right to do what they want.
    Who said people should have the right to do what they want?

Personally I even suggested that the woman could have been arrested for her behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    That copper is bloody lucky that he didn't come across someone his own size.
    He's a sergeant in the Met TSG. I'm sure he does on a weekly basis at the football.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    There used to be a time when the Police were respected. I don't think you realise the job they do. You think people have the right to spit on them and scream obscenties about them, their family, their friends, their colleagues just because of their job?

Compare the crowd at something like the Put People First march that marched on the 28th with no trouble. They were demonstrating about a cause they believed in. They respected the police who advised on the demonstration and it was carried out peacefully with no trouble.

Then compare that with the scum that you seem to think should have the right to do what they want.

A civilised democracy must allow freedom of speech and the right to demonstrate. Not let wasters use it as an excuse to smash the place up and fight with authority.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    And if you think that baton was full force from a guy who's clearly over 6 foot tall and well built then you obviously haven't experienced the real world.
    That copper is bloody lucky that he didn't come across someone his own size.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You believe a word that grotty little cow said?

BBC slant

The footage

Not quite how I see it, the officer is keeping people back from the incident involving the black guy. That woman jumps into his face, assaults him and calls him scum. At that point the officer is clearly concentrating on the crowd in front of him and backhands her to keep her away from him. Justified in my view, he's attempting to keep control of the situation in front of him. It's at that point he draws his baton as the crowd in front of him are clearly agitated, the woman instead of realising you know what he looks like he means business, heads back and goads him. He's struck her not because of what she's saying to him, but clearly because she's getting the crowd going. It's called crowd control and I bet you he keeps his job. Nothing wrong with a thing that he's done. And if you think that baton was full force from a guy who's clearly over 6 foot tall and well built then you obviously haven't experienced the real world. The baton was to the back of her legs where you've got the most muscle, common police tactics, you're not going to cause any serious damage but you're going to make them think twice before coming back.

I bet you that little grotbags doesn't even have a job just like 90% of the scum that were there. They're not protesting about anything they're your usual run of the mill screw the system toe-rags you get at all these demos. Should have put the horses right into the middle of them. Watch them squeal then.

You know it’s amazing how society judges how you can handle groups of people. I’ve been going to football games since I was 12 and I’ve seen loads of baton charges and horses getting sent in for crowds nowhere near as hostile as that. Just seems if you’re a football fan it’s justified. Yet this scum think they can smash the place up and expect the police to have to moddy coddle them.
    Thankyou Benito.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

BBC slant

The footage

Not quite how I see it, the officer is keeping people back from the incident involving the black guy. That woman jumps into his face, assaults him and calls him scum. At that point the officer is clearly concentrating on the crowd in front of him and backhands her to keep her away from him. Justified in my view, he's attempting to keep control of the situation in front of him. It's at that point he draws his baton as the crowd in front of him are clearly agitated, the woman instead of realising you know what he looks like he means business, heads back and goads him. He's struck her not because of what she's saying to him, but clearly because she's getting the crowd going. It's called crowd control and I bet you he keeps his job. Nothing wrong with a thing that he's done. And if you think that baton was full force from a guy who's clearly over 6 foot tall and well built then you obviously haven't experienced the real world. The baton was to the back of her legs where you've got the most muscle, common police tactics, you're not going to cause any serious damage but you're going to make them think twice before coming back.

I bet you that little grotbags doesn't even have a job just like 90% of the scum that were there. They're not protesting about anything they're your usual run of the mill screw the system toe-rags you get at all these demos. Should have put the horses right into the middle of them. Watch them squeal then.

You know it’s amazing how society judges how you can handle groups of people. I’ve been going to football games since I was 12 and I’ve seen loads of baton charges and horses getting sent in for crowds nowhere near as hostile as that. Just seems if you’re a football fan it’s justified. Yet this scum think they can smash the place up and expect the police to have to moddy coddle them.
    Ever thought about joining the police?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Like she said on the BBC this morning, he could have pushed her back or picked her up but no he pulled out his baton and used it with full force. I know she was there to provoke but this isn't the sort of behaviour I expect from the traditionally professional and passive UK police.

BBC slant

"He just said 'get back', pushed me and then hit me across the face,"
    The footage

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why do your posts read like a telegram?

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    Uk police

uk police is full of criminals (many have a criminal record) and there to protect a corrupt and clueless government (its a myth to believe that uk police is there to serve the nation or protect citizens)
    They shot innocents like Mezenes (20 bullets in the head) , confiscate bus pictures from tourists (its not allowed to take pictures in london anymore apprently), assault from behind innocent passerbys. The investigations thremselves are always a joke in the first place, full of coverups and false testimonials by the officers involved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X