• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Results just in! - House price decline accelerates"

Collapse

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Some realy nice places in The Wharf, now that the companies have cancelled their corporate lets. Some going for < £250 a week.
    Why would anyone want to live in that ghosttown? Nothing to do there, its bloody miserable!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    Indeed

fickle bunch we are!

I just hope rents continue to fall in Central London. Am fixed in till november, hoping to upgrade for an extra room for near the same money.

Any folks care to speculate on the C London rental market (flats) ?
    Some realy nice places in The Wharf, now that the companies have cancelled their corporate lets. Some going for < £250 a week.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Prices will rise next year but we have to get through the recession and change the government first. If you don't sell, then house prices do not affect you, and most people are not selling.
    Still deluded!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Prices will rise next year but we have to get through the recession and change the government first. If you don't sell, then house prices do not affect you, and most people are not selling.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    A nice 2 bed cottage with a studio in the back garden had 14 people round to view it in the first weekend. Went to sealed final bids in a couple of days.
    Did the 14 people arrive together?

That's the way it is with flats. You rent it out and 14 people move in.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

As long as they focus on irrelevances like pensions and bonuses though, prices will continue to free-fall.
    Good!

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    You can't read too much into the gradient of a graph like that. A big factor is the fact that the banking system is screwed. If politicians and central banks ever get off their fat, incompetent arses and actually address that, I would expect the rate of fall to lessen dramatically, and probably bottom out.

As long as they focus on irrelevances like pensions and bonuses though, prices will continue to free-fall.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Full details. Look at the graphs. Near the bottom? Not!

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/asse...rt2732009e.pdf

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    No idea, not gonna speculate.

Am happy to rent until the right property at a price I can live with comes up. And I am sure it will. meanwhile, keep stashing away cash for deposit.

Wait and See is my outlook for now

May well be forced to buy if I end up caving to pressure and marrying the girlfriend, she has no interest in living in rented accomodation
    That is very much my situation, I am trying to tell her that waiting a year could mean retiring 5 years earlier. She can't seem to understand that with arguments like "I don't like the kitchen in this place". Bloody woman.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Indeed

fickle bunch we are!

I just hope rents continue to fall in Central London. Am fixed in till november, hoping to upgrade for an extra room for near the same money.

Don't know about C.London but elsewhere there's a glut of rental properties.
    If not yet in London it will be.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Funny how some men bow to "lady logic" even if they know better
    Indeed

fickle bunch we are!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Funny how some men bow to "lady logic" even if they know better

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied

Am happy to rent until the right property at a price I can live with comes up. And I am sure it will. meanwhile, keep stashing away cash for deposit.

May well be forced to buy if I end up caving to pressure and marrying the girlfriend, she has no interest in living in rented accomodation
    Same here, still it's her deposit not mine

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Well I'm not going to wait until then but I'll make sure I'm very cash rich in time for it

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    When do you think that will be?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X