• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's not April the 1st yet is it?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    You know, it puzzles me, that if an alien civilisation was so advanced to travel gazillions of light years across the universe, why would they try and make contact by making awkward pattens in fields of alfalfa, instead of using the telephone, the internet or even Facebook instead ?
    No, no, no, the aliens pick random green and blue planets throughout the universe and fire highly accurate lasers that are just strong enough to traverse 20,000 light years and knock down a bit of corn.

It’s a sort of intergalactic cherry knocking.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'm no expert - but it really dosn't look 'to scale' - the roundy bits are too small. To look as if they belong to the lengthy bit they'd need to be much bigger IMHO
    You won’t get much tea out of those bags.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I'm no expert - but it really dosn't look 'to scale' - the roundy bits are too small. To look as if they belong to the lengthy bit they'd need to be much bigger IMHO
    Yeah right

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    can it be seen on google maps?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

It reminds me of the London buses coming up to the last London Mayoral elections, with "Ken is a c**t" daubed on the rooves.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    You know, it puzzles me, that if an alien civilisation was so advanced to travel gazillions of light years across the universe, why would they try and make contact by making awkward pattens in fields of alfalfa, instead of using the telephone, the internet or even Facebook instead ?
    Perhaps they are trying to communicate in the only way they know how...through the medium of dance?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Alternatively, you could go for a pint?
    No, I’ll take a crate of ale to the field with me. It will be the first proven case of a drunken alien landing.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I might start making crop circles seeing as I'll be benched as of next week. It could be a right laugh, especially if I can arrange some helium balloons to carry 'mysterious lights' through the night sky. Perhaps I'll drop some 'ephemeral' copper sulphate crystals in the middle of the circle.
    Alternatively, you could go for a pint?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    You would have to be one sourpuss asshole not to see the funny side!
    public school headmaster

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Nah, it was aliens.

They've moved on from Crop Circles and are now painting contemporary genitalia on people's rooves.
    I might start making crop circles seeing as I'll be benched as of next week. It could be a right laugh, especially if I can arrange some helium balloons to carry 'mysterious lights' through the night sky. Perhaps I'll drop some 'ephemeral' copper sulphate crystals in the middle of the circle.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That’s an old boarding school trick. All good mucky fun, but a bit dumb of the kid to f**k up his inheritance like that.
    You would have to be one sourpuss asshole not to see the funny side!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Nah, it was aliens.

They've moved on from Crop Circles and are now painting contemporary genitalia on people's rooves.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    That’s an old boarding school trick. All good mucky fun, but a bit dumb of the kid to f**k up his inheritance like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X