• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long until we invade Iran ?"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    My Fellow Armenians, Eyeran has agressively denied it's people freedom. They harbour terrorists and WMD. All patriotic Armenians should send their sons to certain collateral damage. We must make a stand against those who deny freedom and democracy. Haliburton will lead us into the light from the valley of death.

God bless you all

Dubya
    Im standing shoulder to shoulder with you on this one ND, now lets see where did I put me Oil portfolio ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Loved your Prudential plug Alfred.

I'm not convinced the considerations you outline are necessarily obstacles to the kind of attack I posed. Please don't mistake that for enthusiasm on my part for attacking Iran though. I don't know if it would be wise in the long run or not. I don't even know how much of a problem Iran is.

My problem is that I do find it particularly difficult to trust a bloody syllable uttered from Blair's deceitful mouth (or mouthpiece).

Then again maybe a WW3 is what's really needed ?

A change of governments in both the US and UK first though ay ?

True, it is disturbing though to reflect that some of the fundamental Christians in the US look upon such a Middle East conflict as the confirmation of the End Days Biblical prophesy and would relish the lot of us being blown sky high as they are ascended into heaven in Rapture, or so they believe.

Naturally the seculars among us will guffaw at such outlandish nonsense but there are a significant number of US politicans who firmly believe this Rapture business and are actively engineering an overseas policy to enable this scenario.

More pragmatically the lure of vast profits from such a War and access to the Oil reserves might blind the policy makers to the risks of such a venture.

If the War drums beat louder, look for the expulsion of US and Iranian diplomats as being 4 weeks to showdown, then my advice is to buy Oil as the analysts reckoning Oil could go to 400 bucks a pop.

But if it comes to War dont blame me, because it wiznae me, a big boy did it and ran away.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 October 2005, 13:52.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    My Fellow Armenians, Eyeran has agressively denied it's people freedom. They harbour terrorists and WMD. All patriotic Armenians should send their sons to certain collateral damage. We must make a stand against those who deny freedom and democracy. Haliburton will lead us into the light from the valley of death.

God bless you all

Dubya

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Loved your Prudential plug Alfred.

I'm not convinced the considerations you outline are necessarily obstacles to the kind of attack I posed. Please don't mistake that for enthusiasm on my part for attacking Iran though. I don't know if it would be wise in the long run or not. I don't even know how much of a problem Iran is.

My problem is that I do find it particularly difficult to trust a bloody syllable uttered from Blair's deceitful mouth (or mouthpiece).

Then again maybe a WW3 is what's really needed ?

A change of governments in both the US and UK first though ay ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    As to whether such an attack would be wise. I don't know at the moment.

Consider Iran has a trade and political pact with China and Russia, who supplied Irans Atomic reactors and is supplying much needed oil to China.

Consider that Iran has also a recent millitary pact with Syria so if either Iran or Syria was attacked both would respond, and IRan has already stated that should it come under attack it will certainly respond with an attack on Israel.

That scenario could very well lead to WW3.

Insure now with Prudential

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    I grieve for the lives of those Pakistanis affected by the earthquake as I would do for my own family beacause they were all made in the image of God and as such any death is a tragedy.
    But our Christian God surely doesn't grieve for them Chico ?

Because they did not believe in his existance. As unbelievers he will instead surely cast them down into eternal torment.

The fact you grieve for them I tentatively suggest may indicate you have more forgiveness and compassion than God ?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    There is such a thing as a "Just War"

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Wrong again - unlike other faiths Christians know that every life is sacred be that the life of an Iranian Revolutionary Guard, a deluded British atheist or the lives of pregnant single mum and the baby she is carrying. You see, unlike most of the shallow, selfish and racist views expressed on this board, I grieve for the lives of those Pakistanis affected by the earthquake as I would do for my own family beacause they were all made in the image of God and as such any death is a tragedy.
    If all men are made in the image of the God that you worship Chico then how can you possible advocate war?

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I don't think they need to invade Iran. I'm not sure the US and UK have sufficient resources to anyway.

A more likely scenario would be to cause Iran difficulties by threatening : 'stop the assistance or we'll attack'. That attack being in the shape of destroying military and maybe energy facilities, not to mention nuclear ones.

As to whether such an attack would be wise. I don't know at the moment.

What I do know is that Blair and Dubya have reaped a whole lot of grief upon themselves, ourselves and of course the poor sods dealing with their mis-guidance in the front line.

And the prize is or was exactly ?

Putting asside the WMD fiasco - A democratic Iraq ? Even if that is achieved what odds would each of us place on it staying democratic. What odds would each of us place on their being a military coup within 5 years of the democratic fullfillment.

I'd doubt I'd want to offer better odds than 4:1-ON. Wonder what the bookies would offer ?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Chicks with guns ... oh yeah baby

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    I think a British version of Battle Royale II - hot girls with machine guns being sent to wipe them out. When they catch an eyeful of what the average girl in a British town wears to go clubbing, theyll spontaneously explode and a long and ardous mopping up operation would begin... bit like the Prince of Wales road in Norwich on a sunday morning.... except without the condoms.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Wiil Ant, Dec and Davina be in the first wave? You might be onto a winner there.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Here's an idea to sell it to the public. Make the invasion a reality TV programme enlist some celebs and get Ant and Dec or Davina to present it.
    A guaranteed ratings success.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Ermm am I missing something here The Iranians are the bad guys and they are killing our troops. Sit there in your comfy chair and berate and snigger at our brave boys. The reason why the Iranians get away with this stuff is that they know namby pamby tree huggers and appeasers like you muppets will kick up a lot of stink if our government wanted to seek retribution for the lives of the 8 soldiers.
    Hate to be pedantic here Chico , but the people who are killing the British tropps are not Iranians but rather the millitia of Sadr , which seems to be all right by Tony Blair as nothing is being done.

Could this be because Sadr is receiving money from Saudia Arabia ?

Is Tony perhaps being Namby Pamby with Sadrs hitmen Chico ?

The accusation that Iran supplied the bombs is sofar unfounded and been disputed by the UK millitary itself.

But have your nasty little War if you must, as if the World needs yet more suffering .

Sadr ... The Man Blair will not bring to justice

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 October 2005, 10:03.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    bonjour, vous pouvez nous faire ensuite Syria.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X