• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Of to Rome...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Of to Rome..."

Collapse

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Spat in your pasta and shagged yer missus.....

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    so why do you hate it then?
    I do not. Why does it look so?

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    so why do you hate it then?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    anyway am I right in assuming that you are not Roman but you have lived there at some stage in your life?
    And obviously loved it....
    You are wrong I was born there (and right in the city, not in the near countryside so I don't have to support Lazio).

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    anyway am I right in assuming that you are not Roman but you have lived there at some stage in your life?
    And obviously loved it....

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    I think tht's probably why the locals would help you out, Franco - do you Italians walk your car very often?
    Oh well, I know people who would take the car to move 50m. That I call it walking by car. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    You might also want to walk around Tiburtino Terzo with expensive jewelry and a nice flashy car.
    I think tht's probably why the locals would help you out, Franco - do you Italians walk your car very often?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
    That's as may be, but it ain't in feckin' Rome is it?
    Here are some tips for you so you can prove how man you are in Rome.

Certainly the first thing to do is to stare at people in Stazione Termini. They look dodgy but indeed they are very nice chaps. Especially the taxi drivers with a strong southern accent, do no be ashamed to shout at them that they are illegal, they will be please with this comment. To eat out there is a kiosk in Porta Maggiore, you might get a few diseases there but the sandwich is great and also they can put whatever you like. After then, how about the tour of the pictoresque suburbs just for a change? You should start with Magliana in south-east, try to talk to people and say that you want to fight with the Banda as they don't scare you. After that, go to Torre Maura, a lovely suburb on the east side. Challenge some of the locals with a motorbike. You can have a chance of running on the tangenziale on friday evening after midnight at 200 km/h. Isn't that cool? You might also want to walk around Tiburtino Terzo with expensive jewelry and a nice flashy car. Do not also forget to take the tour of the gipsy camp in Prenestina. Discuss freely with them how the social state is a mistake and how private property should be defended. You might want to end your tour (if you are still there) meeting some real albanian or rumenian pimps who handles all local prostitution in via Salaria. They are always looking for collaborators and/or people to share their wealthy industry.

Leave a comment:

• Mort
    replied
    All Eats and Drinks are good in Rome, standard pizza pasta etc... If you get a chance, find a nice little local restaurant or trattoria. We found a great one just opposite Castel St Angelo. They're really small and it feels like your sitting in the middle of the road. But you get real Roman food, very nice. Also had a nice drop of Sambuca to finish off, and the owner let us finish the bottle off seeing as it was under half full. Lovely!!

Apart from food, what else? Mind the pickpockets, there are loads and they work in tag teams, one or two trying to distract you while the other goes for the prize. Traffic is evil, run like hell!! Apart from those two, it's a great place!! Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by planetit
    Accommodation.

So it's a townie chav bar then Macca?

Sounds lovely.

Nah - four rooms / suites above for special guests... (e.g. those that get too pished or who have got lucky)...

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Lux

I flew out there last week and should hear today / tomorrow if its on or not... the interview seemed to go well and they are a decent bunch of people - only trouble is I have other interests here in Edinburgh and since friday Ive been put forward for a couple of long term local contracts - it will be a tough decision - get experience doing EAI at an investment bank that is just migrating to .Net, or do the romance thing (having dinner with her parents on friday - gulp!).

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Accommodation.

So it's a townie chav bar then Macca?

Sounds lovely.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Mack,

Doytchland.

Are you already in Luxembourg ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Needless to say, its my local.
    That's as may be, but it ain't in feckin' Rome is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X