• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Job of the Week!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job of the Week!!!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    One of our four cats is a little black and white Al Quaeda terrorist. When I have had a few ales and am raiding the fridge, I put little strips of ham on her back and the other three chase her round the house and try to eat her.

am I a bad person ?

Only if she can’t defend herself. I have two black and white cats, both of whom are very mild-mannered in the home, but in the presence of a dog they can be so vicious and warlike I have renamed the older of the two Henry V;

In peace there's nothing so becomes a moggy
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the whiff of dogs blows in our nose,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
    Let pry through the portage of the head
    Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
    As fearfully as doth a galled rock
    O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
    Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
    Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
    Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
    To his full height. On, on, you noblest moggies.
    Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
    Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
    Have in these parts from morn till even fought
    And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
    Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
    That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
    Be copy now to moggies of grosser blood,
    And teach them how to war.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Someone will take it because it is better than nothing, and the number of people on nothing is growing.
    true - but how many people who really have those skills are going to trade them for that rate. I suspect this is likely to be one where somebody who can just about spell SQL gets the gig and uses it to further their education.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    There are really sweet - wanted some but I don't they'd get on with cats
    One of our four cats is a little black and white Al Quaeda terrorist. When I have had a few ales and am raiding the fridge, I put little strips of ham on her back and the other three chase her round the house and try to eat her.

am I a bad person ?

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Piggies dont tend to bite (unless you're a carrot) but they can give you a hearty nibble.
    Unlike blooming kittens - who rip you to pieces!
    There are really sweet - wanted some but I don't they'd get on with cats

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Dont. I tried once , and it bit me

Piggies dont tend to bite (unless you're a carrot) but they can give you a hearty nibble.
    Unlike blooming kittens - who rip you to pieces!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Someone will take it because it is better than nothing, and the number of people on nothing is growing.

Leave a comment:

• ziggy
    replied
    This is the same agent (Connect Logic) that had the BA job up there with a crappy rate ... maybe they're trying to get their margins up ...

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Such a cute avatar... I have an overwhelming desire to pet it
    l eat

HTH

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Dont. I tried once , and it bit me

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Manchester is not my council

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I actually got a call about this yesterday and it sounded right up my street and very local - 'til I heard the rate.
    I was very nice to the agency person and told her the going rate for this kind of role. Her response was that "but the project manager is only on £120 a day!"
    I wished her luck and told her to call back when they had a decent budget
    I'd bet that you would be moaning about your council tax bill if they paid properly though wouldn't you?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    It's good to see local authorities trying to manage their budgets properly rather than pissing it up the wall on expensive contractors.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    started a topic Job of the Week!!!

Job of the Week!!!

I actually got a call about this yesterday and it sounded right up my street and very local - 'til I heard the rate.
    I was very nice to the agency person and told her the going rate for this kind of role. Her response was that "but the project manager is only on £120 a day!"
    I wished her luck and told her to call back when they had a decent budget

SQL Data Development Officer Contract

SQL DATA DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, £15-£16 p/h, MANCHESTER. *LOCAL AUTHORITY EXPERIENCE NEEDED*

SQL Sever Developer, ETL Procedures, Data marts, Data Warehouses, Business Objects Data Services, Data Integrator, Data Quality, Local Authority, National Government, Local Government Performance Indicators, Census Analysis, SQL, Data Development.

Due to an increase in their workload, our client is looking for a SQL Data Development Officer.

The SQL Data Development Officer will be an experienced SQL Server Developer with knowledge in:

ETL procedures.
    Creating Data marts.
    Creating Data Warehouses.
    Any SQL Data Development Officers with exposure to Business Objects Data Services (Data Integrator/Data Quality) will be at a strong advantage.

The successful SQL Data Development Officer will:
    Have a principle role in the design and delivery of a series of ETL procedures, Datawarehouse and the reporting marts.
    Design data solutions in a fast paced environment and must be able to handle high levels of pressure.
    The SQL Data Development Officer will support the preparation of data for preliminary Census analysis and build a data mart to support a reporting project.

The SQL Data Development Officer MUST have Local Authority/Council/National Government experience. The SQL Data Development Officer must also have knowledge of Local Government Performance Indicators.

If you feel you are the suitable SQL Data Development Officer for the role, either hit the apply button or send your CV to me directly at (see below).

Location Manchester, Lancashire
    Country England
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 3 months
    Rate £15-£16/Hour
    Employment Business ConnectLogic
    Contact Nicola Jennings
    Telephone 0161 662 5009
    Fax 0161 662 5001
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSNLJ/81
    Posted Date 11/03/2009 14:42:34