• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Edinburgh 10K -

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Edinburgh 10K -"

Collapse

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I did it a few years ago. It's quite a hilly run and if it's the same route as I did then the part that goes past Arthurs Seat is a bit of a killer. I was dying by the time I got to Pollock Halls. Having said all this, I'm very unfit and did no training for it and I still finished it (albeit in about an hour, which is bordering on walking speed).
    Thats not bad for a hilly route, Bunk. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I think 10K in 'about an hour' is perfectly respectable.
    One of my friends did the Glasgow one in 40 minutes and a few seconds. He was gutted because he wanted to do sub-40 but he's still a freak as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    51 minutes at the moment but that's indoors on the treadmill...
    Ah you'll be fine then. You won't do it that fast on the road but you're likely to be faster than me.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I did it a few years ago. It's quite a hilly run and if it's the same route as I did then the part that goes past Arthurs Seat is a bit of a killer. I was dying by the time I got to Pollock Halls. Having said all this, I'm very unfit and did no training for it and I still finished it (albeit in about an hour, which is bordering on walking speed).
    I think 10K in 'about an hour' is perfectly respectable.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    You only have to be reasonably fit to do 10k. It's less than an hours running. Unless you are looking at sub 45 minute times that is.
    51 minutes at the moment but that's indoors on the treadmill...

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    You only have to be reasonably fit to do 10k. It's less than an hours running. Unless you are looking at sub 45 minute times that is.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
    When is it? I'm supposed to be doing the one in Bellahoustoun Park in June (I think) but I've neither registered or started training. If the Edinburgh one was later in the year I might be able to dither for another couple of months before doing anything.
    3rd of May - plenty of time.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Does the Edinburgh 10k not go up the mound?
    Only down it! It's going up towards Arthur's seat that bothers me...

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    When is it? I'm supposed to be doing the one in Bellahoustoun Park in June (I think) but I've neither registered or started training. If the Edinburgh one was later in the year I might be able to dither for another couple of months before doing anything.

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied
    He'd be best to take his Scooter

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Does the Edinburgh 10k not go up the mound?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I thought it was going to be for a senior DBA architect job.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    10K for Edinburgh? Give it another six months and you'll be able to buy it for 5K.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    10k isn't far
    To the nearest pub it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X