• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: "Going Forward..."

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Going Forward...""

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    and Dogger Bank too.
    <snigger>

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    and Barking....
    and Dogger Bank too.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Can we stop talking about Palestine and get back to slagging off dipsticks who talk corporate jargon?

Really, there's not enough timeboxing going on here and we should all concentrate on our deliverables.
    I'm sorry you're entirely right, I went firmly off piste there, took my eye off the ball and failed to to evaluate the situation holistically.

I'll touch base with you later to see if you're fully bought in to my new approach.

(I'm going to have a lie down, even a PM can only produce so much bulltulip in two paragraphs without rupturing something)

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I think the only place invaded by those great Danes is the Isle of dogs.

and Barking....

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    What about Greenland? (or was that invaded by the Danes?)
    Not sure. I think the only place invaded by those great Danes is the Isle of dogs.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    The curious thing I have noticed, is that all the people I have met who tend to use phrases like "going forward" and the like, tend to be middle management or higher, and on incredibly good rates / salaries.

So, if you want to earn better rates, you've need a holistic, cradle-to-grave approach where you target the low-hanging fruit, by actioning a new paradigm of conversation, which going forward, will incentivise your remuneration and life-affirming goals.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    I don't know how true it is (and I've not checked it out before posting) but I'm sure I read that Thailand is the only sovereign country that has never been sucessfully invaded and it's ruling head of state overthrown. Obviously it's borders will have shifted over time but even Alexander the Great didn't get that far - and he was pretty good at the whole merger thing (well, until he died anyway).
    What about Greenland? (or was that invaded by the Danes?)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    Yes I think that's a good idea mate! Well said...
    Good cop out.

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ok how long is it ok to call the residents of one country or another invaders rather than natives?

Every continent (barring Antarctica) and every country that I can think of has been invaded and occupied at some point (or repeatedly) over history, there has to be a point at which people accept that it's a done deal and just get on with life rather than perpetuate the hatred.
    I don't know how true it is (and I've not checked it out before posting) but I'm sure I read that Thailand is the only sovereign country that has never been sucessfully invaded and it's ruling head of state overthrown. Obviously it's borders will have shifted over time but even Alexander the Great didn't get that far - and he was pretty good at the whole merger thing (well, until he died anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Can we stop talking about Palestine and get back to slagging off dipsticks who talk corporate jargon?

Really, there's not enough timeboxing going on here and we should all concentrate on our deliverables.
    invoicing

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied

Yes I think that's a good idea mate! Well said...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    I don't quite know how to console the guy.
    Tell him:

"Going forward you'll look back and realise that things could have been worse."

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    I would expect this from somone with a lack of true understanding, and from someone who confides in wikipedia...
    Please explain why the Wikipedia article is wrong and why I lack understanding.
    BTW I don't "confide" in Wikipedia, I read it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ok how long is it ok to call the residents of one country or another invaders rather than natives?

Every continent (barring Antarctica) and every country that I can think of has been invaded and occupied at some point (or repeatedly) over history, there has to be a point at which people accept that it's a done deal and just get on with life rather than perpetuate the hatred.
    Actually my point is that "Palestinians" didn't exist before the 6 day war and that the other Arab states did not have any interest in helping the people of "Palestine" or creating a Palestinian state when they were in charge of the "Palestinian" lands.
    "Palestine" is a compeletely made up concept dating from the late 60s.

In any case how can you negotiate with someone who says "my whole aim is to wipe you off the planet"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X