• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Showaddywaddy/Shawadiwadi"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    It was actually pretty good, actually really enjoyed it. Very funny.

They were better musically than I thought and spent some time going through loads of 50s Rock and Roll, they were obviously really well practiced. Jerry Lewis, Elvis, Buddy Holly etc. Worth it for that alone.

All the band members were really up for it but the drummer (Romeo Challenger) looked as if he was thinking "well, it's this or tesco's tills".

The crowd was a total mix, 70 year olds who remember Rock And Roll first time round, really pissed 40 year old women who would have shagged them then and now, people dressed up as Teddie Boys and then folk like me who just about remember them always being on Saturday night TV and were there for a bit of a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Review of the gig?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Picked up just about the last 2 tickets last night, could hardly keep a straight face. This should be funny.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran View Post
    wee jaunt up Vrackie and a few ales in the Moulin and the train home used to be a perfect saturday for me (when I was fitter)

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/perth...-vrackie.shtml
    Aye Torran !

Fishermans Inn was also a local favourite - thought best of all the bar in ther Queens Hotel at Queens View had hte best views anywhere in Scotland that Ive visited.

God Bless PerthShire !

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    The sun going down caused the Highlandmen to advance on us like madmen, without shoe or stocking.

good to see not much has changed in 300 odd years. You ever been out in Inverness?

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    It'll be a laugh.... go for it!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran View Post
    thats not even very high.

sorry
    I know.

http://www.darkisle.com/k/killiecran...iecrankie.html for all the Englanders.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Killicrankie Pass with a near panic attack last year.
    thats not even very high.

sorry

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Cool - btw I used to work at the Pitlochry Festival Theatre as a gardener back in the sumemr of 1978 - its changed lcoation now - it has moved from the top of the town , towards Loch Faskaly HydroDam.

Ah - myself at the age of 18 in Pitlochry - as it was a summer seasonal job and it was very difficult to get any accomodation - I pitched a tent and lived rent-free in Glen Faskally for a couple of months - dear me - thirty years ago.... I recall back then the Theatre was running Brechts 'The Caucasian Chalk Cilcle' ....

BTW have you been to Quuens View - stunning place nearby - also a walk up Ben Verackie can be fun !

Down in the Glen
    Living in a Tent
    Dont need money
    Dont Pay rent
    Dont even know the Time
    Bit you dont mind
    Oh to be 18 again, that sounds like the life.

Never been up the Queens View, I was planning on doing some walking but my main hiking jacket had to be taken back to the shop for repairs last week, the zip burst, I thought that they would just hand me over a new one but they said "we have to send it back to Belgium to the North Face factory" so no hiking for me.

I really struggle with the vertigo as well and had to be walked out the Killicrankie Pass with a near panic attack last year.

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Great, great place, I usually stay up at the Moulin Inn just outside the town, try and drown myself in their own brewed ales while the gf sits and moans "is that you getting another one!?!?"

Usually go for a run round Loch Tummel when I'm up there although I cannot walk across the dam due to my vertigo.
    wee jaunt up Vrackie and a few ales in the Moulin and the train home used to be a perfect saturday for me (when I was fitter)

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/perth...-vrackie.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    What was the song about the ape man?
    Walrus surely?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Dont wanna die in a Nuclear War
    Wannt go and live
    In a far off shore
    And live like an Apeman
    That's a Ray Davies classic isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
    Dont wanna die in a Nuclear War
    Wannt go and live
    In a far off shore
    And live like an Apeman

Leave a comment:

• Foxy Moron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I'm going up to Pitlochry for the weekend and just found out that Showaddywaddy are playing on the Saturday.

I have a terrible desire to go and see them for some unknown reason, I blame it on this site.
    Cool - btw I used to work at the Pitlochry Festival Theatre as a gardener back in the sumemr of 1978 - its changed lcoation now - it has moved from the top of the town , towards Loch Faskaly HydroDam.

Ah - myself at the age of 18 in Pitlochry - as it was a summer seasonal job and it was very difficult to get any accomodation - I pitched a tent and lived rent-free in Glen Faskally for a couple of months - dear me - thirty years ago.... I recall back then the Theatre was running Brechts 'The Caucasian Chalk Cilcle' ....

BTW have you been to Quuens View - stunning place nearby - also a walk up Ben Verackie can be fun !

Down in the Glen
    Living in a Tent
    Dont need money
    Dont Pay rent
    Dont even know the Time
    Bit you dont mind
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 March 2009, 12:33.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X