• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon Brown speaking to US Congress now"

Collapse

• Ruprect
    replied
    SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE ME HAS BEEN SAYING IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT, BROWN TELLS AMERICA

In a keynote speech to the US Congress Mr Brown said he was 'shocked, shocked I tell you' to discover that a man claiming to be the British prime minister has used every possible opportunity over the last 12 months to lay the blame squarely at America's door.

The prime minister said: "He goes on television and says 'the economic crisis originated in America and then spread across the globe'. That's his catchphrase. But get this, right, the caption at the bottom of the screen says 'Gordon Brown, Prime Minister'.

"And I'm just sitting there watching it, thinking 'bloody cheek!'. And then I go into the office and everyone's saying 'good interview, prime minister' and I'm like, 'for ****'s sake, it wasn't me, okay?'.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Interesting. Of all the email comments the British Broadcasting Corporation could choose to publish they go for this one:

1649 BB, Toronto, Canada: "The British PM should not apologise for the economy. It wasn't Britain that engaged in credit default swaps or other derivatives."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7924064.stm

Edit: telling that this was chosen particularly as it is utter bollocks as well.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was cringeworthy!!!

Maybe I should have given a warning to people with a full stomach first though
    Thank God I do not have a sensitive gag response.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You have to listen to it, nearly pushed up my breakfast.
    I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was cringeworthy!!!

Maybe I should have given a warning to people with a full stomach first though

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Are they making African babies listen to this twaddle as well?

That's a crime against humanity.
    You have to listen to it, nearly pushed up my breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    The twit had to drop in a story about a "poor African baby"
    Are they making African babies listen to this twaddle as well?

That's a crime against humanity.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    You lucky beggars!!!
    I saw him on TV telling Barack Obama ‘you’d probably beat me at tennis’ even though Mr Obama has never played tennis. Obama must have thought ‘why does it smell of tulip in here? It didn’t smell that way this morning.’

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The twit had to drop in a story about a "poor African baby"

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Over here in continental Europe, we're deprived of this tulip because the Beeb doesn't make the little film thingies available outside the UK.

Am I missing something?
    You lucky beggars!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Over here in continental Europe, we're deprived of this tulip because the Beeb doesn't make the little film thingies available outside the UK.

Am I missing something?
    Just a load of sychophantic pandering.

Its over now.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    He is signing autographs now.

"Gordon Brown, Cock abroad"
    Those are blank cheques from the UK Taxpayer.....

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    He is signing autographs now.

"Gordon Brown, Cock abroad"

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    "Build tomorrow today"

What a load of cock
    Would that mean bringing back tomorrow's world?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    make him stop, please, make him stop.
    He's in full lecture mode now:

"When the strong help the weak, it makes us all stronger," Mr Brown adds, saying the first duty of wealthy countries is to help the "not so wealthy". He refers to lessons learned in his father's church, that "wherever there is hardship … we cannot, we will not, pass by on the other side."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X