• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A message for Mich

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A message for Mich"

Collapse

• chris79
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    FWIW it was google that changed "@sshole" to "dick" - potential for embarassment there if relied upon too heavily! (use of @sshole intended to be a little more lighthearted )
    It's ok, for what I know lots of dutch words can have several meanings.. I think if you don't know a word for something you can just put 'lul' in its place as a filler and the person will still end up with the same message.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    More like 'you see/observe just like a dick'.

Kijken; to see
    Lijken; to resemble (can also mean 'dead bodies', but for now it means resemble)
    Uitzien als; to look like
    FWIW it was google that changed "@sshole" to "dick" - potential for embarassment there if relied upon too heavily! (use of @sshole intended to be a little more lighthearted )

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    I thought i'd written "What have you tested today Mich".. but I guess probeeren isn't the correct word to use for that.
    Today I’ve tested the CUK forum, the ClientCo timesheet system, the national railway timetable and the archiving function of MS Outlook. Only CUK worked according to spec.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    hahahha.. yes, I think translated that would mean "you looked just like a dick" but coming from his dick.
    More like 'you see/observe just like a dick'.

Kijken; to see
    Lijken; to resemble (can also mean 'dead bodies', but for now it means resemble)
    Uitzien als; to look like

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    In which sense.
    I thought i'd written "What have you tested today Mich".. but I guess probeeren isn't the correct word to use for that.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    My dutch friend sent me a really great song called 'Trafassi - lik maar aan m'n lolly'... it's my favourite dutch song.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    I think you mean 'jij ziet eruit als een lul' or 'jij lijkt op een lul', unless you mean that his eyes function in a similar fashion to a penis.
    hahahha.. yes, I think translated that would mean "you looked just like a dick" but coming from his dick.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Nee, je kijkt net als een lul
    lol bedankt... dat dacht ik nu ook!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I think you mean 'jij ziet eruit als een lul' or 'jij lijkt op een lul', unless you mean that his eyes function in a similar fashion to a penis.
    Rumbled

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    In which mood?...
    In which sense.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Probist droelsacht versoelen?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Nee hoor, ik heb vrienden van het nederlandse wie ik leer een beetje van.. maar zijn altijd vertellen ik dat ik praat africaans/turk ofzo.. maar laat maar!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Nee hoor, ik heb vrienden van het nederlandse wie ik leer een beetje van.. maar zijn altijd vertellen ik dat ik praat africaans/turk ofzo.. maar laat maar!
    Het lijkt inderdaad meer op Afrikaans. Nu even een bierbuik kweken, een beige overhemd en een veels te korte broek aantrekken en kun je door het leven als een echte Afrikaner!

For the rest of you who only speak Double Dutch, that means 'flubble a bubble a hoopla tulip, tumble a bumble a bee'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Zoofeln morg drees verkoeln?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X