• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday top 5 annoyances"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Excellent rant

Ha ha, ranting is probably one of my favourite things to do, so thank you!

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    8. People who take up two spaces in a carpark ON PURPOSE.
    Oh, I did that the other week. It was quite late (about 9pm or so) and I'd been picking someone up from the airport and they wanted to stop and get some milk at the local supermarket. Bearing in mind this is a pretty quiet country village, it was after 9 at night, the car park was just about empty so I kind of abandoned the car across two spaces. Person I am with gets out and goes into shop. Cue an immediate influx of about 20 cars from nowhere (I think they were hiding in the bushes waiting for me) and lots of Paddington Hard Stares as I sit in the car cringing.

I won't ever do it again, I promise.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    everythign you just said

Excellent rant

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That means everybody except the Brits, the Irish and the wonderful citizens of Sri Lanka.
    Except my Mum! I am very particular about the way tea is made, yet she will just lazily reboil the kettle (argh!) and somehow create a grey liquid she passes off as tea. Bleugh.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    9. People who can't make a proper cup of tea.
    That means everybody except the Brits, the Irish and the wonderful citizens of Sri Lanka.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Who does that?!!!!!
    Not quite toenails, but the revolting individual next to me sat trimming his finger nails at his desk last week. The final straw for me was a piece of dead human nail being flicked onto my keyboard. Unfortunately my considered response to this was to stare at his head until he felt me doing so, then to shout "REALLY?!" at him.

Current annoyances include:

1. Friend's girlfriend telling me how 'MASSIVE' I look every time I see her. (Always nice to hear, specially with preggers hormones sloshing about)

2. Personal Space Invaders.

3. People driving alllll the way round roundabouts in the left hand lane, indicating right as if this excuses them. Sadly isn't it usually women too.

4. Scott Mills on Radio 1. N0b.

5. People in meetings who insist on having their say, by whatever means possible. Usually by regurgitating what someone has just said, using slightly different words, in order to 'conclude' the point and take it as their own.

6. Aforementioned girl (a nurse) who said the following when hearing how far gone I am 'Ah, nice. Mind you, we had a lady in the other day whose baby had been dead inside her for 5 weeks. Awful business.'

7. Annoying and loud ringtones at work.

8. People who take up two spaces in a carpark ON PURPOSE.

9. People who can't make a proper cup of tea.

10. People who sit next to me at work and move closer to me for a 'chat', then lean across my body (getting a bit of a side boob brush at the same time) to take a handful of my dried fruit WITHOUT ASKING, causing me to throw the whole bag in the bin in case he had toilet hands. A boob brush is one thing, but stealing my food? Inexcusable.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 27 February 2009, 13:42.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    And Windows' keyboard locale, which switches whenever it thinks you're typing in a different language: doesn't it know that you haven't plugged in a new keyboard?
    Blimey is that what does it? I don't know what I do to trigger it, but I regularly get swapped to US English and it is fekking annoying...I thought I must be accidentally pressing some short-cut combination! Well I've learned something today...

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    People who just don't keep up.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    People who spit, in the street. Disgusting habit.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    People (usually women) who get to the front of the queue at the shop, the ticket machine etc and then when they’ve chosen what they want start rummaging around in their handbag to find their purse, then counting out the coins from their purse and then either yapping with the shop assistant or even talking to the ticket machine saying ‘ooh I’ve pressed the wrong button’.

You know that when you’ve asked the assistant/machine for the product you want that they’re going to ask you for money, so FFS get your money ready first and then order the goods instead of wasting everyone else’s time.
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Women (and it usually is) who only think to get their purse out of their bags after they get to the till and the items have been scanned. ffs plan ahead.
    KUATB

I agree by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Women (and it usually is) who only think to get their purse out of their bags after they get to the till and the items have been scanned. ffs plan ahead.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    MS Word’s running spell check which switches from Dutch to English to Spanish to bloody Kirgizian completely at random while I’m typing.
    And Windows' keyboard locale, which switches whenever it thinks you're typing in a different language: doesn't it know that you haven't plugged in a new keyboard?

And MS Word's British English spell-checker, which allows some American spellings that are wrong in British English, and gives no way to remove them (you can add words but not remove Microsoft's words).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    People (usually women) who get to the front of the queue at the shop, the ticket machine etc and then when they’ve chosen what they want start rummaging around in their handbag to find their purse, then counting out the coins from their purse and then either yapping with the shop assistant or even talking to the ticket machine saying ‘ooh I’ve pressed the wrong button’.

You know that when you’ve asked the assistant/machine for the product you want that they’re going to ask you for money, so FFS get your money ready first and then order the goods instead of wasting everyone else’s time.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    The guy on the packed First Capital Connect train the other night who opened up and then ate, a very smelly plastic carton of pasta.

After getting used to the smell, he then gulped down a carton of apple juice and silently belched an even worse whiff out.

Thanks man.

And I still hate flour on top of baps.

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• uk5am
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    People who cut their toe nails at work
    I think they are a little better than this one I met at Friends, Ivory and Sime way back in 2000, who pokes his finger in his nose, takes a look at the goo he found in there and then licks his finger and swallows that goo!!

I am NOT lying - 100% truth!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X