• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cheapskate Brits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheapskate Brits"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    boomed !!
    If you guys were really smart you’d undercut us by about 5 euros instead of 30.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    Nice example of the free market in action.
    boomed !!

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    Nice example of the free market in action.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Can't you give yourself a promotion, call yourself Mich the Senior Tester and put your rate up?
    I can’t stand job title inflation, but if I thought ‘Director of Systems Quality Assurance’ would get me a higher rate, I’d put it on my CV.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Can't you give yourself a promotion, call yourself Mich the Senior Tester and put your rate up?
    Deputy Senior Assistant Vice

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I once got a shinny euro penny for me birthday. I was very tempted to spend it all at once. I hear tell of a man who had several and lived in the most unimaginable luxury.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    started a topic Cheapskate Brits

Cheapskate Brits

Oi! What are you lot doing? Rates for Dutch contractors have crashed by about 35% due to British contractors turning up in NL and asking for ludicrously low rates due to the weak pound. You barstewards. Wot you trying to do? Earn a living?

Actually I’d do the same and it’s a free market so I shan’t complain. Just be warned about the cost of living in a developed country before you come over though.

Working...
X