• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going back to skool?"

Collapse

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Ornythology. I am into fit birds.
    Hornythology

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Some kind of space related thing, satellites, that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Ornythology. I am into fit birds.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Cosmology, definately.

and I would buy a telescope

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Geology as it's been a pet interest of mine for many years and of course it covers fossils, volcanos and long term climate shifts.

Mooching round the planet figuring out how it all works and what's happened over the umpteen millions of years that it's been around is fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Paleontology - I find it all fascinating

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I'd do something in information security. It's a growth area - boomed

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    The only thing I am sure I know is what I would NEVER study again.... that is I.T./Computer Science. NEVER... EVER.... and would not recommend to anyone either...
    I agree. I have advised youngsters against it for a number of years too.

I'm almost begining to believe in media studies so that they can become TV critics, record producers, etc.

There is frack all chance of getting a job doing anything constuctive these days.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I would do international relations, politics, security - that sort of thing.

In fact, I was looking at precisely that today...

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    out of interest, why not Francko?
    Because of the sector. There is no more money in I.T. since 2000ish. It has become a very boring sector with nothing innovative to work on and it's open to everybody with any backgroung so a degree in IT is wasted. The best bet is to get a comfy mid manager position where you don't have to do any work apart from appearing smart and be a dumb and boring intellect like sasguru so that you are not tempted to commit suicide thinking about what you do for a living... no, it's not all rosy, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    There are quite a lot of interesting subjects to choose.

The only thing I am sure I know is what I would NEVER study again.... that is I.T./Computer Science. NEVER... EVER.... and would not recommend to anyone either...
    out of interest, why not Francko?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I was talking with the Doc earlier this week about working and was told not to over-do it etc. He asked what I would do as an alternative if things went wrong since all my clients are financial.

We got talking about going back to education. Not as a teacher but to study. I fancy doing a PhD, but exactly sure in what; math, economics, trading or something I suppose.

Question is: What would the members of the congregation study if they went back to skool?
    There are quite a lot of interesting subjects to choose.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would study dramatics. The ones at uni seemed very chilled : little coursework and sh4g lots of women.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    I saw an interesting course in workplace psychology.. would probably feel inclined to add that to my CV at some point.

Interestingly enough you can get on doing it without an actual background in psychology..

http://www.worc.ac.uk/courses/8451.html *

*Just a pity I don't live near Worcester.. but I'm sure there will be similar geographically.. ideally distance learning.
    Last edited by chris79; 22 February 2009, 13:49.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Going back to skool?

Going back to skool?

I was talking with the Doc earlier this week about working and was told not to over-do it etc. He asked what I would do as an alternative if things went wrong since all my clients are financial.

We got talking about going back to education. Not as a teacher but to study. I fancy doing a PhD, but exactly sure in what; math, economics, trading or something I suppose.

Question is: What would the members of the congregation study if they went back to skool?

Working...
X