• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: phones on board

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "phones on board"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    And besides, who gets to judge?

What might be disappointing for one young person might be the envy of some of us old codgers.
    Or vice versa!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    And besides, who gets to judge?

What might be disappointing for one young person might be the envy of some of us old codgers.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'd like to add last night's disappointing sexual experience to the banned topics list.
    Er, is that the disappointing sexual experience that you had last night that you don't want anyone to talk about, or just a general prohibition on talking about disappointing sexual experiences?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Virgin blue probably?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'd like to add last night's disappointing sexual experience to the banned topics list.
    I've not had that experience on a plane before. On virgin?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    As long as they ban there phrases I don't mind:
    I'm on the Plane
    How are the kids?
    You're breaking up
    Are we going out with <insert random name> and <insert random name> tonight?
    Hello it's Daddy, I wuv woo

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    As long as they ban there phrases I don't mind:

I'm on the Plane
    How are the kids?
    You're breaking up
    Are we going out with <insert random name> and <insert random name> tonight?
    Hello it's Daddy, I wuv woo

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    ach, RyanAir are fine, I used to fly with them once a month, and apart from an average 30min delay each time, I didn't have any problems.

Gonzo what happened that one time?
    It was horrible.

The seat was horrible- like sitting on a bench.

We did get fed (this was a long time ago), but the meal was horrible.

No seat reservations so it was a scrum to get on the plane and sit down.

There was a one and a half hour delay - after we were on the plane, which was horrible.

It was probably no worse than any other budget airline flight, but I don't like them.

I have flown RyanAir once, EasyJet once, and Virgin Blue once. You won't get me on their planes again, I don't like the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Limited to 6 concurrent callers, and to customers of O2 and Vodafone, with voice call costs of between £1.50 and £3 a minute. Might limit the appeal.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Bad idea... People should be working on the technology to prevent 'phones being used in trains*, not trying to enable it in planes.

* I believe T-Mobile has almost perfected this
    I believe we had a long thread on this previously. The issue of not being able to utilise a phone in an emergency versus the capability to develop the technology that could block mobile usage in certain carriages.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    They landed at Band Camp by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    ach, RyanAir are fine, I used to fly with them once a month, and apart from an average 30min delay each time, I didn't have any problems.

Gonzo what happened that one time?
    They landed at Band Camp by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Bad idea... People should be working on the technology to prevent 'phones being used in trains*, not trying to enable it in planes.

* I believe T-Mobile has almost perfected this

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I flew back from Brussels once with them. I thought they were better than Sleasyjet. The aircraft wasn't very clean but the flight was 5 Euros, and no tax, so I can't really complain. Not keen on the way they try to hide charges though.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    After a while at my current location I did give all the feasible routes (from six different airports) at least one shot, and that gave me a few Ryanair flights. I will say this for them, Ryanair were always on time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X