• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bankrupt Britain

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bankrupt Britain"

Collapse

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Does Blair join the Bildeburg group now? Or whatever it's called? You know - the ones who are really running the world.
    There's absolutely nothing in it. We never sought to reach a consensus on the big issues at Bilderberg. It's simply a place for discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The Brown qualifier is unnecessary.
    Does Blair join the Bildeburg group now? Or whatever it's called? You know - the ones who are really running the world.

Leave a comment:

• spongebob
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    the IMF is skint
    Does that mean the IMF will come begging to us this time?

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Lets see who goes to the IMF 1st shall we, USA, Russia, Japan or Britain.

the IMF is skint

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyblair View Post
    Hi,

Gordon devised many impenetrable schemes where we just said, yeah, all right Gordon, that sounds good, and off he went. He went into intricate detail, but never thought anything through properly. Does that sound like a contradiction?

You are contractors. You didn't like 'IR35'? Most of my government didn't like IR35. I bet you didn't know that. Gordon liked it though. Mopping up tax-dodgers, he called it. He also liked slipping his pet schemes through under the wire. He liked the subterfuge of it. Anyway, IR35 was a dog's breakfast. How many of you comply with it? Not many I bet.

I'm glad I'm out of it now. I'm jacking up my wealth speaking in the US. As well as the middle east thing. If the European Union come up with something concrete I might end up there, you never know. But not like Kinnock or Mandelson.

Tempus fugit. Good luck with the recession thing. I'm sure Gordon will "navigate you through the choppy waters". Ha ha! I remember when he was first given that line. It had to be explained to him three times before he'd use it.

Sod off Blair !! We hate you for giving us Brown !!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Sounds like an attempt to come to terms with 'new money'. However, I've no doubt the financial crisis would have happened anyway. Would the Conservatives really have put the brakes and all that money making, tax revenues etc. etc. I doubt it.

Too Right - the Tories would not have dared to be seen intervening with the unfettered deregulated free markets - they would have been cheeering the whole show on - as long as the punchbowl was freely flowing nobody wanted to spoil the party.

..... but the Tories would not have run such a bloated public sector(cost of mega-billions), would not have sold our gold(7 Billion loss), would not be wasting money on an NHS computer system(22 Billion estimated), and would not have allowed immigration to run riot and thus increase our unemployment by 2 million plus UK people(billions will be required in benefit payments) to compensate for jobs taken by the 2.6 million non-EU permit workers plus another million illegal workers.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    [url]The government's rescue of some of Britain's biggest banks will push up the national debt by as much as £1.5 trillion, the Office for National Statistics announced this morning.

I trust you noticed that the Rock was not included in those banks being added to the national debt.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    It would be no different under the tories.

There you go, I'll do it for you...

Pleased you are listening : keep following my posts you will go far.

Leave a comment:

• tonyblair
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Scram - ya wee pompous Devil ye - git aff this site black burning shame on ye - Away !
    That's a bit unkind Alf, if you don't mind me saying.

Look, I'm sorry we just let Gordon get on with it, so to speak, but he had to have something to do to keep him out of the way. Like John actually. We gave John a few jobs and off he went. Good as gold. He was also useless and didn't do much harm.

Obviously if I'd realised Gordon was quietly building sheds with bricks from the house foundations, I would have said something. But he's, er, a grumpy old sod and no-one liked talking to him to find out.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He should also have kept public spending in check.
    It would be no different under the tories.

There you go, I'll do it for you...

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyblair View Post
    Hi,

Gordon devised many impenetrable schemes where we just said, yeah, all right Gordon, that sounds good, and off he went. He went into intricate detail, but never thought anything through properly. Does that sound like a contradiction?

You are contractors. You didn't like 'IR35'? Most of my government didn't like IR35. I bet you didn't know that. Gordon liked it though. Mopping up tax-dodgers, he called it. He also liked slipping his pet schemes through under the wire. He liked the subterfuge of it. Anyway, IR35 was a dog's breakfast. How many of you comply with it? Not many I bet.

I'm glad I'm out of it now. I'm jacking up my wealth speaking in the US. As well as the middle east thing. If the European Union come up with something concrete I might end up there, you never know. But not like Kinnock or Mandelson.

Tempus fugit. Good luck with the recession thing. I'm sure Gordon will "navigate you through the choppy waters". Ha ha! I remember when he was first given that line. It had to be explained to him three times before he'd use it.
    Scram - ya wee pompous Devil ye - git aff this site black burning shame on ye - Away !
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 19 February 2009, 16:17.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I agree tory policy, particularly the crazy drive for home ownership and the draw-down of industry across various sectors, made the economy vulnerable to outside economic disasters - but it cannot be denied that labour's economic incompetence over the last 12 years has made the impact of the credit crunch far worse, and made it more difficult to recover.

Labour do not understand economics. Never have, never will.
    I agree with you to some extent, however, NL economics is not that different from Conservative economics (that's who they stole their model from). The problem lies with monetarism, it doesn't work. Not unfettered anyhow. We (including the US) have now reverted to a sort of new Kensian economics (which labour used to believe in) to tidy up the monetrist mess. Can the Conservatives come back in and revert to a failed philosphy? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    I agree tory policy, particularly the crazy drive for home ownership and the draw-down of industry across various sectors, made the economy vulnerable to outside economic disasters - but it cannot be denied that labour's economic incompetence over the last 12 years has made the impact of the credit crunch far worse, and made it more difficult to recover.

Labour do not understand economics. Never have, never will.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    They shoulda let ALL the banks fail after Lehmans collapsed.
    AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
    WHS.
    "Too big to fail"
    Those words will live on in infamy.
    Last edited by ace00; 19 February 2009, 15:07. Reason: too to

Leave a comment:

• tonyblair
    replied
    Hi,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X