• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thank you Basepoint.co.uk"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    I went to the PO to pick up an underpaid letter. I felt it, realised it was a CD and I was not expecting it, so let them keep it !!

Their letter size system is crazy because it causes a lot more work for everybody, and just makes me want to avoid the PO all the more. It must also lose business for card companies, as I am sure I'm not the only person that never buys an oversize card due to the extra inconvenience and worry about whether it will ever arrive if understamped accidentally.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Moral = if the sender isnt arsed to pay the correct postage, ignore!

I got a similar letter from the PO saying letter had 15p insufficient postage and I could collect by paying £1.15. Did I **** like!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Was it worth £1.15?
    Not at all - it was on stiff paper too so no good as toilet paper.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Arrived back home today to find a note from the postie informing me that a letter was waiting for me at the depot - it hadn't been delivered due to a 15p shortfall in the postage. So after driving out to the depot and handing over £1.15 (the other quid added on as a handling fee) I was presented with some marketing cr@p from Basepoint for their "virtual office" service.

Muppets. They'll be getting a bill from me for wasting my time.
    And what was the letter about? Was it worth £1.15?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Yes this is b****dy annoying the least they could do is write who send the b****dy thing so you know not to waste the trip.
    They won't do that because the "from name" could be the message.

A trick I never did but know others who did was to phone home from overseas when a student. Ask the operator for a reverse charge call and have an agreed list of names meaning different things.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Broke?"
    "No."
    and Daddy puts another £100 in the student's bank account.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Lonely?"
    "No."
    and Daddy sends a plane ticket home to the hostel.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Fine?"
    "No."
    and Mummy knows her little baby is just checking in.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Arrived back home today to find a note from the postie informing me that a letter was waiting for me at the depot - it hadn't been delivered due to a 15p shortfall in the postage. So after driving out to the depot and handing over £1.15 (the other quid added on as a handling fee) I was presented with some marketing cr@p from Basepoint for their "virtual office" service.

Yes this is b****dy annoying the least they could do is write who send the b****dy thing so you know not to waste the trip.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    THAT would have pissed me off! Imagine how many will also be having to do this if it was a mass mailout!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    started a topic Thank you Basepoint.co.uk

Thank you Basepoint.co.uk

Working...
X