• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Equality and Diversity training"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wrong answer.

Right answer: To shoot anyone they tell you to shoot...
    Oh yes. In my grandad's lifetime troops have been out in the Valleys, and tanks in George square in Glasgow. Not to mention Northern Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Just fast forward through the presentation and zoom through the answers, you know:
    "should I take my work laptop home with me" - No
    " should I throw a lit match in the paper bin" - No
    etc.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Watch out for IR35!!!
    What about being a fire marshal?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    From an article on the Parasol website...

Watch out for IR35!!!

Last week, Bauer & Cottrell partner Kate Cottrell told Contractor UK that contractors must fully consider the impacts of any work activities – even participation in company training – on their IR35 status

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Typical.

So it wasn't the blind bloke that complained, it was someone on his behalf. A miserable do-gooder who belittles and disables the blind person by speaking for them.

Still, it might have been nice of this blind person's 'friend' to have warned them of the low beam. What a considerate soul. Not.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Shocking. The beam could have taken his eye out.
    Roof beam. Not laser beam!

IGMC2

Originally posted by Codejock View Post
    A member of the Royal family attending an equality course...

In the army ....
    Only in Britain.

"Now then sonny, why are you in the army?"
    "Errm, to shoot foreigners."
    "Never mind that now. That's beside the point."

Leave a comment:

• Codejock
    replied
    A member of the Royal family attending an equality course...

In the army ....

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Nah, not interested in wishy washy lefty hoity toity howsyerfather courses like that, regardless of whether the client pays or not...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    [QUOTE=wurzel;770446]
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    "Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".
    QUOTE]

Reminds me of something that happened once in a pub where I was drinking. I was sat out the back in the pool room and in come 2 blokes one of whom was carrying a pool cue. On entering the room anyone over 5 1/2 foot tall needed to duck under a rather low slung beam, unfortunately one of these 2 guys didn't;

Smeck!

Cue lots of laughter from yours truly at which point his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind. Turned out he wasn't carrying a pool cue at all. God, I felt so ashamed (and yes, I know I deserved a smack whether he was blind or not but I was 18 at the time)
    Shocking. The beam could have taken his eye out.

igmc

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind.
    Typical.

So it wasn't the blind bloke that complained, it was someone on his behalf. A miserable do-gooder who belittles and disables the blind person by speaking for them.

Still, it might have been nice of this blind person's 'friend' to have warned them of the low beam. What a considerate soul. Not.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    [QUOTE=Alf W;770419]"Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".
    QUOTE]

Reminds me of something that happened once in a pub where I was drinking. I was sat out the back in the pool room and in come 2 blokes one of whom was carrying a pool cue. On entering the room anyone over 5 1/2 foot tall needed to duck under a rather low slung beam, unfortunately one of these 2 guys didn't;

Smeck!

Cue lots of laughter from yours truly at which point his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind. Turned out he wasn't carrying a pool cue at all. God, I felt so ashamed (and yes, I know I deserved a smack whether he was blind or not but I was 18 at the time)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I've been told I have to do a two hour Equality and Diversity online training course.

Has anyone else had to do similar tulipe?
    Is that the same one Prince Harry was ordered to do?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Yes and the course was utter bollocks. Full of trick questions. "Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".

Where the wife works a load of them had to go on a 'working with your Indian colleagues' course which I thought was a little bit patronising. Presumably there is a reciprocal course.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    I've been told I have to do a two hour Equality and Diversity online training course.
    Are they paying you to attend? If so, what's the problem?

Yes, 'cos I work on government sites, I've done load of equality, health & safety, site awareness and other stuff. Some required attendance, some was online. Most of it I have done half a dozen times now.

And having MyCo charging at about £1 per minute, I don't have any problem with that at all thankyouverymuch.

Miscellaneous principle: never turn down free training.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Happens to the "best" of us:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7885081.stm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X