• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit Checks on Contractors"

Collapse

• Svalbaard
    replied
    I'm currently at a global insurance company and I was credit reference checked and I thought this quite reasonable considering the area I am delivering projects for.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike Lee View Post
    Dear All

Is there any legality for a Client to make complete credit checks against a contractor including the abmount of credit you owe.

From what I have received there is an ultimatum either you complete it or you have to leave .

Regards

JF
    Yep - my current one did a Credit Check, BV? Check as well.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    is there any legality in it ? - yes

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    And who dipped their fingers in the till in the first place?
    The Snot Goblin

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I know that Finance gigs sometimes ask for it - it's to check that you won't be tempted/blackmailed to dip your fingers into the till...
    There's a potentially very serious problem lurking here.
    1. Bank / Madoff / Iceland goes bust
    2. Your savings get frozen or are lost forever
    3. Due to the downturn there isn't any work
    4. Your credit record gets a hammering
    5. No chance of a job (due to d.) to repay your debts

And who dipped their fingers in the till in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    Banks will usually do this when you join /start a contract - from your post it seems that you are half way through one? What is the reason for the check? Sounds odd half way through a gig.
    Someone`s grassed you up.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I told well know agent that I would run a credit check on his agency after he said he wanted to pay me monthy. His reactioin was

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Dear All

Is there any legality for a Client to make complete credit checks against a contractor including the abmount of credit you owe.

From what I have received there is an ultimatum either you complete it or you have to leave .

Regards

JF
    Banks will usually do this when you join /start a contract - from your post it seems that you are half way through one? What is the reason for the check? Sounds odd half way through a gig.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Dear All

Regards

JF
    I start credit checking agencies. I would expect no less in return. If you have something to hide, then don't work in an industry that requires a credit check.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Makes me laugh softly when I see that happening.
    I made about 400,130,000 euros more profit than ClientCo last year.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I know. My credit rating's better than theirs.
    Makes me laugh softly when I see that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    It's standard policy for financial institutions to run a full credit check
    I know. My credit rating's better than theirs.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    It's standard policy for financial institutions to run a full credit check on potential contractorcos and permies.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Its a valid request. Companies credit check other companies all the time before dealing with them and you are effectively just a Co.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
    Yeah I got credit checked when my client was a bank, seems normal.
    It might be wise to do a credit check on ClientCo and agent, especially if you’re working at a bank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X