• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Where's the snow?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where's the snow?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Lots here now - looks like I might not make it to the airport tomorrow, either.

Shucks.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    We've had a few inches here in northants.

Got me OH to get a nice log fire going

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    A bunch of school girls just passed by my window wearing miniskirts and knee length stockings.

The youth of today

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Snowing here in the Midlands still.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Finally snowing here but looks like it's not going to lie.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Snowing in Lancs but it's still powdery rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Snowing in Bristol now

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    yep Manchester is getting worse by the minute

I am off to work from home - could do with it anyway loads of specs to write and apps to design and need to get away from the damn mithering permies!
    It's days like this I'm glad I'm on the bench, as I don't fancy the trek from northamptonshire into London, the trains are usually a mare.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I had six inches when we arrived at the railway platform at Marylebone. I got off with a girl whose interview had been cancelled.

But otherwise the train was empty.

... and when you got off with her you had 12 inches ?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    yep Manchester is getting worse by the minute

I am off to work from home - could do with it anyway loads of specs to write and apps to design and need to get away from the damn mithering permies!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    It's snowing a fair bit now.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    just done a three miler down to Hale and back, I got little snowflakes in my chips and curry. nice

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Snow round here (Teddington/Twickenham) about 8-10 inches.

Most local roads un-gritted, everything major ish seems fine, if a little slushy. 4x4 is fine.

Buses not running. Trains not running this morning, maybe now. Tube so ****ed I didn't bother.

Broadband up the swanney so using 3G. Am about to give up work for the day.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I had six inches when we arrived at the railway platform at Marylebone. I got off with a girl whose interview had been cancelled..
    So you had six inches after getting off with a girl you met on the train.....

Leave a comment:

• Unicorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    most of the permies here didnt make it in!
    bother trying

Leave a comment:

Working...
X