• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sad news of the day"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Ever tried getting divorced?

Try it and you will understand. You will not condone it : but you will understand it.
    I can imagine how devastatingly painful a seperation from ones kids would be, but still couldn't possibly even begin to understand harming them in any way as a result.

Then again I thankfully have no insight into the depression, or similar state of mind, that can result from having endured a "bad" divorce (assuming there is such a thing as a good one).

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

Try it and you will understand. You will not condone it : but you will understand it.
    So did the thought occur to you ????

Flip, I've been divorced and the separation from the kids was hell, but never in my darkest days did that occur to me.

It's all about self pity and how much you're hurting and wanting to hurt the other person more and using the children to do it. It's abhorrent, even the thought.

As I say mentally weak pot noodles.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Very Sad. I have a 4 yr old, and am divorced, but hurting her, no way, never, would stand infront of her and take a bullet.

RIP Darcy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    No, sorry. I could understand wringing my wife's neck, or putting a rope around my own; but not hurting the children.
    Try getting divorced sometime then. Its quite an experience.

According to Wall Street the film "When a man stares into the abyss and nothing stares back he finds his character". That is bollox that is. A man finds out what total lunacy is like.

Anyway : this thread has actually made me pleased to be really busy at work today. Bye

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I read it, and am upset. Could not bring myself to view the film clip.

Thankfully she survived, and, hopefully she will get the help she needs with the family issues that are obviously happening.
    Sadly no she did not survive

"About 1.30pm, as Mr Freeman was being questioned by detectives, Darcey died in hospital from massive internal injuries.2

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

I am divorced, it took 5 years and was not pleasant. However, I live for my kids, they live with me nearly 50% of the time, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm still no nearer understanding what drives these guys to it...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

From memory of his other posts I think he is divorced.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied

No, sorry. I could understand wringing my wife's neck, or putting a rope around my own; but not hurting the children.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Sorry BP you are a dick.

Kill the wife, the lawyers, the judge yes.

But kill your own children?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    WTF?? There's too much of this 'parent splitting up and fathers killing their own children' thing going on.

What's it all about?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    WTF?? There's too much of this 'parent splitting up and fathers killing their own children' thing going on.

What's it all about?
    WHS

Although there have been a few cases where the mother has done the same - these seems to be an increase in these spurned partners killing their children ( and sometimes themselves)

I worked with a lady whoes sisters ex- killed their two little boys in a car, then tried to do himself in, unfortunately he failed.

Sorry - hanging is too good for anyone who can hurt their own babies - and you need not be a parent to understand that.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    How can you hurt someone who has fallen asleep while you read them a bedtime story?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

If there is a hell then these guys should be at the inner ring of the inferno.
    WHS++

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

What's it all about?
    Mentality weak, can't cope with the grief of splitting up and become vindictive.

If there is a hell then these guys should be at the inner ring of the inferno.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

What's it all about?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X