• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This is so wrong !!"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    My brother is gay and touch wood, I have not had any cancer for decades.
    It's in your brain. It may take a looooong time before anybody notices

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Yes that's absolutely spot on.

On and dont forget the part about gays giving you cancer when you look at them.

My brother is gay and touch wood, I have not had any cancer for decades.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    So, to summarise, the government is passing a law that allows social services to murder your parents and give your kids to Jimmy Sommerville?
    That's pretty much the gist of it, right?
    Yes that's absolutely spot on.

On and dont forget the part about gays giving you cancer when you look at them.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    don't trust the bloody article.

the rag published this tulip in order to sell copies - not for any other movtive

Of course.... the article was made up. Homosexuals are not adopting a boy and a girl and the grandparents do not exist.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    True, but according to the article the reasons given were that they were too old and had health issues (angina and diabetes) - maybe these days that's enough to preclude a couple from adopting kids be it their own family or not.

If that's the case, then I think it's mad because (and I speak from experience of this) you will always want to be with loving members of your own family than with a couple of strangers, no matter who they are. The way it's being reported shows a level of callousness on behalf of the state which I find quite disturbing - and the fact that a gay couple are involved has got nothing to do with it.
    don't trust the bloody article.

the rag published this tulip in order to sell copies - not for any other movtive

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    So, to summarise, the government is passing a law that allows social services to murder your parents and give your kids to Jimmy Sommerville?
    It ain't necessarily so.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    What a ridiculous generalisation.
    You DO NOT have all the facts. The kids will not be allowed to live with the grandparents for very good reasons - none of which will have been reported correctly in this piece of tulip rag.
    !
    True, but according to the article the reasons given were that they were too old and had health issues (angina and diabetes) - maybe these days that's enough to preclude a couple from adopting kids be it their own family or not.

If that's the case, then I think it's mad because (and I speak from experience of this) you will always want to be with loving members of your own family than with a couple of strangers, no matter who they are. The way it's being reported shows a level of callousness on behalf of the state which I find quite disturbing - and the fact that a gay couple are involved has got nothing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What does he think about it?

OMG I've been busted by a lizard

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Be reasonable SallyAnne. We know that homosexuality is wrong, its dirty , full of diseases and its even in the bible.
    Mind you, having said that, I do love it when I bone the missus up the jacksy.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

This thread is properly pissing me off now - can everyone stop being such ******* morons and try using what little brains yous have to realise that this story has came from the Daily Mail!
    You DO NOT have all the facts. The kids will not be allowed to live with the grandparents for very good reasons - none of which will have been reported correctly in this piece of tulip rag.

Jesus H Christ - you people are meant to be among the brightest in the country. I'm genuinely ******* terrified by your lack of sense, and your general hysteria and "torch wielding mob" mentality!
    Be reasonable SallyAnne. We know that homosexuality is wrong, its dirty , full of diseases and its even in the bible.
    Mind you, having said that, I do love it when I bone the missus up the jacksy.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

This thread is properly pissing me off now - can everyone stop being such ******* morons and try using what little brains yous have to realise that this story has came from the Daily Mail!

Jesus H Christ - you people are meant to be among the brightest in the country. I'm genuinely ******* terrified by your lack of sense, and your general hysteria and "torch wielding mob" mentality!
    As always

Ok SA - take a deep breath now

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    If a heterosexual couple are available, they will provide a much stabler background.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    And to go against the wishes of blood relatives is disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    I am shocked, and appalled (but knew all along) that the minds of people in govt. and local councils are so twisted that they defy all logic

If a heterosexual couple are available, they will provide a much stabler background. And to go against the wishes of blood relatives is disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Yes, you would.

Which is why I find it sad that people would rather kids rot in a care home than be put in a loving, stable relationship. However, I expect nothing less from the Daily Heil readers on here, who obviously believe everything they read in the press.
    One of my closest friends and her husband are on a waiting list to adopt - they have been for over a year... apparantly there aren't enough social workers to have one allocated to them yet, well not in this neck of the woods anyway. It's not even like they are "fussy" for want of a better term, they just want a child under 5 and thats it - thats their preference. they have passed all the tests, done all the courses but despite their being a load of kids in care... there is no one to allocate them a child.

Pretty terrible situation.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    My wife was adopted as a baby and her adoptive parents are about as good as you could ever wish for, from what she says it sounds as if she had a far better childhood than my multiple divorce ’pillar to post’ upbringing.

It takes a special kind of person to adopt IMHO, it’s not something anyone would take lightly and I’m pretty sure adoptive parents are going to be monitored far more than any biological parent, I really don’t think sexual preference should be an issue.
    Last edited by cailin maith; 30 January 2009, 08:00.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X