• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Awesome bit of kit

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Awesome bit of kit"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Is it any cheaper (or better) than Aegis?
    Did not see that much involment in command n control, although I did read once about Windaz operating system being used in one of the terminal - I was shocked and stunned.

The mast however I could tell you a thing or two but then the men in black coats might be knocking on the door...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I thought radars could only go to just beyond the horizon
    it's an anti-air vessel. If the targets are up there, it can track em. For low flying stuff it would need support from satelites awacs or nimrods

looks very ..modern

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    The radar suite on the Type 45 can track targets for hundreds of miles around, on the sea and in the air.
    Isn't that a bit, hmm, you know...invasive of privacy ?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    For surface tracks.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    The radar suite on the Type 45 can track targets for hundreds of miles around, on the sea and in the air.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Ok, Good thinking that man.

So after 5 centuries of Naval history, including Nelson, Drake and Cooke, Great Britain no longer needs a Navy. You're very confused and ill informed if you think Afganistan is the only theatre of operation in the entire world for the UK.
    It was a throw away remark, all we ever see is bored commandos firing M16's at mud huts these days whilst they dodge the odd septic airstrike, I was just pondering the likelihood of this ever seeing any action that’s all... chill FFS!

I don't honestly think an island nation such as ours doesn't need a Navy, my last 2 clients have been the MoD & BAE who are obviously heavily involved in this, before that I spent 12 years at Westland helicopters so I think I know just a little bit about the defence industry.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post

So after 5 centuries of Naval history, including Nelson, Drake and Cooke, Great Britain no longer needs a Navy. You're very confused and ill informed if you think Afganistan is the only theatre of operation in the entire world for the UK.
    How did you read into gingerjedi's original post that he was suggesting we no longer required a navy?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    T45 We need to pick a war with a country that's not practically land locked next time.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Aye I was involved in the development of the that snowman... that was almost 10 years ago.
    Is it any cheaper (or better) than Aegis?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Aye I was involved in the development of the that snowman... that was almost 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    T45 We need to pick a war with a country that's not practically land locked next time.
    Sod that. Build a sort of de-tuned 316i version and sell it all over the world. Show the world that Britain can still make brilliant stuff!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Awesome bit of kit

Awesome bit of kit

Working...
X