• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stating the bleedin obvious - Kebabs aren't good for you"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    This is the best. Take one bag of tortilla chips, and sprinkle on a plate. Open one large can of chilli and pour over the top. Cover with sliced jalapenos (from a jar of course), sprinkle grated cheese (from a bag) over the top and grill the whole lot until the cheese melts.

Do it, do it now!!
    Have you considered changing your name to Delia Smith?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Took my lad to visit Pompeii last March and we popped into a local 'greasy spoon'
    These four German Hells Angels came in and ordered a 'Volcano'
    The pizza had a big cone in the centre and looked hot hot hot.

thats now my ambition, to invent a themed pizza.

A quick Google throws up this: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...sensation.html

I'm notr sure it looks very tasty though.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    what can of chilli ?
    do you mean like a can of mince with chilli stuff and beans ?

will try this

indeed, chilli con carne in a can. Lidls is best, if you live near one. Another supermarket will stock similar.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    This is the best. Take one bag of tortilla chips, and sprinkle on a plate. Open one large can of chilli and pour over the top. Cover with sliced jalapenos (from a jar of course), sprinkle grated cheese (from a bag) over the top and grill the whole lot until the cheese melts.

Do it, do it now!!
    what can of chilli ?
    do you mean like a can of mince with chilli stuff and beans ?

will try this

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    mmm, get a pizza base from tesco and make your own. Suprisingly easy and quick and you can target those taste buds with exactly what you like.

Do it, do it now!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

I have done it.
    Friends, I give you my new themed pizza - The Gordon Brown

Very cheesy, cooked in a microwave and spun for five minutes, it features raised expectation edges with a large depression at the centre, contains haggis and is very very thick. Worth £2.50 but will cost £125.00 due to administration and delivery costs. Likely to destroy your economy and causes internal effects likened to 'birth pangs of a global disorder'

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    I had a kebab last night and I'm still alive, does that make me indestructable

The main issue is the fat and salt content. Even though the fat drips off on the burner, there's plenty more left in there as you'll know if you've ever nuked the leftover for breakfast

There was also the side issue that some that were supposed to be halal contained pork. But that's a religious/etnicicity argument rather than a safety argument surely?

As my old mother used to say, everything's OK in moderation

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    That now points to: http://www.musicandfilm.co.uk/404.htm

Bearing in mind I haven't read the article...

Kebabs are also considered about the healthiest of the fast food options. The gas burner kills the bacteria that lands on the surface of the meat from the street and so food poisoning is very rare. (Mentioned by a health minister a few years back.)

The meat drips fat; which is good. It ends up being very lean in the pitta bread.

Provided you don't opt for the oil-based dressings, you'll have lean meat, a load of salad and unbuttered bread. A damn site better than a MacFatty burger.
    Complete opposite of the article.

They found kebabs to have enough saturated fat to kill a person in a week.

Laden with more calories than a whale eats in a month.

And the type of meat even included traces of human flesh and giraffes.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    That now points to: http://www.musicandfilm.co.uk/404.htm

Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love a good kebab!

But never, even after 12 pints of old wallop have I ever thought that it was going to be good for my health!
    Bearing in mind I haven't read the article...

Kebabs are also considered about the healthiest of the fast food options. The gas burner kills the bacteria that lands on the surface of the meat from the street and so food poisoning is very rare. (Mentioned by a health minister a few years back.)

The meat drips fat; which is good. It ends up being very lean in the pitta bread.

Provided you don't opt for the oil-based dressings, you'll have lean meat, a load of salad and unbuttered bread. A damn site better than a MacFatty burger.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yep, I will do as you and EternalOptimist suggest and get a (very) plain one, i.e just the base. No doubt it would be cheaper and superior to ones that come coated with toxic substances.
    Took my lad to visit Pompeii last March and we popped into a local 'greasy spoon'
    These four German Hells Angels came in and ordered a 'Volcano'
    The pizza had a big cone in the centre and looked hot hot hot.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    More, more! Did I tell you I've even switched to ultra-light mayo?
    Yikes...... thats just sooooooo wrong!!!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Have you considered a marga.. margue.. a plain one?
    Yep, I will do as you and EternalOptimist suggest and get a (very) plain one, i.e just the base. No doubt it would be cheaper and superior to ones that come coated with toxic substances.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    On a related note never buy a "meat feast" supermarket pizza. I've no idea what kind of crumbled meat they scatter over it and what kind of sauce the meat has been soaked in, but the result is most vile and unmeat-like. Even after picking off all the "meat" and adding more cheese (I always do this anyway), I was still left with something unpleasant. Perhaps worse even than a kebab. I usually get away with it with a pepperoni pizza, with only minor cheese and sometimes meat additions.
    Have you considered a marga.. margue.. a plain one?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Freak.....
    More, more! Did I tell you I've even switched to ultra-light mayo?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Thinking about it, when I went to uni there was a pizza place that did a doner kebab pizza. Food of the gods

Leave a comment:

Working...
X