• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Generation Kill

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Generation Kill"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    I watched a bit of this the other day. It was such a bag of wank I had to turn it off.

V unimpressed...

Leave a comment:

• Stolly
    replied
    I highly recommend the book that spawned the TV series...best to read the book first and then watch the series, but i guess its too late for most

I read the book and watched the whole series when it aired in the States, but didn't learn until the other week that the "Fruity Rudy" character is actually played by himself. He went along as a technical advisor and ended winning his own part.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I wanted it to be a proper sniping rifle.

In .50 cal, not some poxy 7.62 thing.

And it looked to me as if the bore was off centre in the barrel... maybe my eyes are going funny...
    ah, with you now... fully agree!!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Arse, you're right. i've missed episode one

Altho looking at hte Sky planner i have it has episode premier is Tuesday nights, and thats not just for the HD channel.

Ah well, bitorrent here i come...

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    You are out of sync by one episode.

We are on episode 3 which was shown last night and will be repeated a few days this week.
    Eh? which did i miss then? the one on anytime was repeated on Saturday night... Was the "shoot all Iraqqies if in doubt" not the first??

Damn, will have to go and download it all now

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    wasnt bad the first episode, watched it off Sky Anytime. 2nd Episode is Tuesday night isnt it?

What was wrong with the sniping rifle? thats standard issue for the yank marines...
    You are out of sync by one episode.

We are on episode 3 which was shown last night and will be repeated a few days this week.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    It was a bit...

Wasn't very impressed with that sniping rifle though.
    wasnt bad the first episode, watched it off Sky Anytime. 2nd Episode is Tuesday night isnt it?

What was wrong with the sniping rifle? thats standard issue for the yank marines...

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I have it recorded and am looking forward to watching it.

Wasn't it FX that also showed "Breaking Bad". Another obscure series that was well worth the time.

Like the green lizard I'm also a great fan of Deadwood.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by ookook View Post
    WHS, best TV program I've ever seen, leaves everything else for dead.
    Gotta agree. It's a touhhie between the wire and the sopranos for me, though the wire is cleverer I reckon ...

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post
    I don't watch a lot of telly, but I loved 'the wire'. It really was the best TV cop show- ever. It was loved the critics in the UK and in the US and had a serious cult following. The reason why no one really knows anything about it is that it was a HBO show and wasn't picked by any of the major UK TV channels (unlike the Soprano's or Sex and the city). HBO programmes are pretty hard core with a lot a swearing and violence (too much for BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 to be shown at a decent hour).

I've sky+ Generation Kill, so I will be watching it tonight (it's also repeated monday's night) with high expectations
    WHS, best TV program I've ever seen, leaves everything else for dead.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'm about to finish watching the wire - downloaded the lot from itunes. Compelling stuff.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Deadwood.

A western with a lot of mother****ers and *****...
    Not to mention t*t lickers and San Francisco **** suckers.

Leave a comment:

• strawberrysmoothie
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    "Wire producers' Killer new show"

I know nothing about this one but I hear 'The Wire' is the the best TV show ever made bar none yet I've never seen it advertised anywhere?
    I don't watch a lot of telly, but I loved 'the wire'. It really was the best TV cop show- ever. It was loved the critics in the UK and in the US and had a serious cult following. The reason why no one really knows anything about it is that it was a HBO show and wasn't picked by any of the major UK TV channels (unlike the Soprano's or Sex and the city). HBO programmes are pretty hard core with a lot a swearing and violence (too much for BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 to be shown at a decent hour).

I've sky+ Generation Kill, so I will be watching it tonight (it's also repeated monday's night) with high expectations

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    1st episode repeated wednesday 11PM. Phew... thought I'd missed my chance.
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Nice one - cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Looks interesting - when is it repeated Clippy?
    1st episode repeated wednesday 11PM. Phew... thought I'd missed my chance.
    WHS

Details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X