• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New black hole discovered"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by datestamp
    I was also going to suggest that another black hole had been found at the Treasury.
    no that should read "I was also going to suggest that another arse hole had been found at the Treasury." Answers to the name Gordon apparently!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by datestamp
    I was also going to suggest that another black hole had been found at the Treasury.
    thats where our TAX goes then............

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I want my money back up front, it clearly doesnt work!
    I am smart enough to have sent it back to me early enough to be able to use it and with a full set of instructions on how to build one.
    I should have received this over 20 years ago, clearly it doesnt work.

edit.
    Never mind, I wont buy one in the first place, that will explain why I havent received it yet.

BUGGER
    Aha, I see the problem now. You are failing the Novikov self-consistency check, this is discussed at length in the manual, which I guess you haven't bothered to read. By being inconsistent you are preventing delivery. Once you make your mind up one way or the other, you will find it was delivered 20 years ago or maybe earlier.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    I gave the Gettysburg Address. Each year the US government invites me to a private party to thank me. Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    None so far, but quite a few.

Eh? You were one of the first customers. Don't tell me you won't have gone back and given it to yourself?

Tch, everyone knows to do that, it is how the time machine was invented: the inventor sends himself one, reverse engineers it and works out how to build one.
    I want my money back up front, it clearly doesnt work!
    I am smart enough to have sent it back to me early enough to be able to use it and with a full set of instructions on how to build one.
    I should have received this over 20 years ago, clearly it doesnt work.

edit.
    Never mind, I wont buy one in the first place, that will explain why I havent received it yet.

BUGGER
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 29 September 2005, 11:47.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Just how many of those time machines have you sold threaded?

Why havent I got one?
    None so far, but quite a few.

Eh? You were one of the first customers. Don't tell me you won't have gone back and given it to yourself?

Tch, everyone knows to do that, it is how the time machine was invented: the inventor sends himself one, reverse engineers it and works out how to build one.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    Yesterday I was wearing my ceremonial plate mail armour, given to me personally by Henry V for winning the Battle of Agincourt and ending the Hundred's Year War.
    Just how many of those time machines have you sold threaded?

Why havent I got one?

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Yesterday I was wearing my ceremonial plate mail armour, given to me personally by Henry V for winning the Battle of Agincourt and ending the Hundred's Year War.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    oats is oats....

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    A nod is a good as a wink to a blind horse, after all.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Lucifer Box: There are subtle differences in the design only those in the know would recognise.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I was wearing an identical "Team GB" polo shirt yesterday. I was given it by Adidas for helping out on a project at Loughborough Uni. I thought they were only given to select people. I shall never be able to wear it again, sniff.
    Sorry to disappoint you, Threaded, but they are available for £8.99 on the Team GB webtulipe. Then again, maybe that was the value of your contribution to the project?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I was wearing an identical "Team GB" polo shirt yesterday. I was given it by Adidas for helping out on a project at Loughborough Uni. I thought they were only given to select people. I shall never be able to wear it again, sniff.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    started a topic New black hole discovered

New black hole discovered

Working...
X