• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Watch out pensioners...you're marked."

Collapse

• voron
    replied
    Threaded, you know that it was intentional. I know it was intentional. The majority of posters on this forum know it was intentional. But what about the great unwashed? I can see the NL spin machine churning out a variety of excuses; everything from a simple mistake to earlier 'intelligence reports about potential terrorist action'.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by voron
    The worrying thing is that this incident can be explained away as a simple mistake;
    I do not believe it can actually. These conferences are now so stage managed that every little action and reaction is choreographed. So, no this cannot be explained away as a simple mistake. This was absolutely intended. What the New Lie missed, as usual, was the Law of Unintended Consequences. In this case, if you will have thugs positioned to jump on dissenters, thugish behaviour is going to be seen on the TV. Simple really, it was an incident waiting to happen.

I've been going on about how dangerous this B'Liar and his gang are for a very long time. It is now becoming obvious even to the sheep, but maybe it is already too late.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    And what, pray, makes you believe that?
    Don't mention the 'p' word when Chico's around. You'll only get him all excited.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Voron you are Wageslave!!!!

PS. I claim my fiver
    And what, pray, makes you believe that?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    The worrying thing is that this incident can be explained away as a simple mistake; no official order was given, security on the day was a little enthusiastic due to earlier intelligence reports, the chap was released, apologies all round, no harm done.
    What about the poor sod arrested in Bognor away from the media spotlight and detained without evidence? Who will be there to champion his rights and elicit an apology?
    Voron you are Wageslave!!!!

PS. I claim my fiver

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    The worrying thing is that this incident can be explained away as a simple mistake; no official order was given, security on the day was a little enthusiastic due to earlier intelligence reports, the chap was released, apologies all round, no harm done.
    What about the poor sod arrested in Bognor away from the media spotlight and detained without evidence? Who will be there to champion his rights and elicit an apology?

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4291424.stm

And an MP had his camera snatched by security and wiped by police

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Freedom of Speech

Well its a joke that they send people to die for other peoples democratic values and then refuse to acknowledge those of their own citizens

It was inevitable this would happen.

See the Orwellian irony of "Protecting our Freedoms".

Its touchy feely now, but unless the media throw up a huge stink, it appears that any anti-government protest wont be tolerated but "managed"

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    How about one of these T shirts to get you locked in a cell and beaten black and blue?

http://www.joanandstevesjubilantukjo...ppingmall2.htm

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    http://www.bant-shirts.com/tony-blair-t-shirt.htm

Leave a comment:

• datestamp
    replied
    Furthermore, there have been witness reports of somebody's pensioner dad being stopped in the street in Brighton for wearing a polite but anti-Blair T shirt, by a couple of cops who screached to a halt in their car. It was alleged that the police mumbled anti-terrorist threats and forced the old guy to remove himself from the vacinity of the Conference premises.

You reap what you sow. If this is how you want Britain to be in the future, then you've only got yourselves to blaim for not standing up to this dictator.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    After being ejected Mr Wolfgang's pass was seized and he was detained under the Terrorism Act when he tried to re-enter the conference on Wednesday.
    BBC News, 90 minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    The old coot was never arrested...so some of you goons can come down off your high horses now

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    FFS it's not difficult to get out of jury duty

Just tell them you have a job, pay taxes and go to church regularly.
    Feet won't touch the ground on the way out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X