• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wimmin' in Management"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Hang on a minute, I don't want to dilute the ratio too much. Some of those girls are lookers and we wouldn't want to end up fighting over them. Mind you, bottom row number 4 looks like she could provide the excess capacity needed.

prehaps membership should involve an interview, with a CV of past history in matters concerning......steve'o could you produce before mentioned CV.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Are you sure top row middle isnt a bloke, I am not so sure you know!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    nothing like a good updating steve'o, prehaps I could interest you in joing our club, lucifer what do you think? Can steve'o join?
    Hang on a minute, I don't want to dilute the ratio too much. Some of those girls are lookers and we wouldn't want to end up fighting over them. Mind you, bottom row number 4 looks like she could provide the excess capacity needed.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    In the interest of equality SandyDown, my next contract will be with a Female manager
    who is gagging to be updated regularly in her office.......
    nothing like a good updating steve'o, prehaps I could interest you in joing our club, lucifer what do you think? Can steve'o join?

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    In the interest of equality SandyDown, my next contract will be with a Female manager
    who is gagging to be updated regularly in her office.......

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    mine is good at the moment too, apart from his constant horney status, he's a good guy really

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    mine is ok at hte moment, just he can't keep a seceret at all, such a gossip! which is good we get to hear all sorts.....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I report to a bloke at the moment, but my previous 11 managers going back to 1996 were all women. One of them could be slightly bizarre at times, but professionally they were all OK."

Well the one I work for is a pain in the @rse. Also I thought you worked for Steve - I thought he was a bloke!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I prefer working for women most of the time, seem to get on better, then having said that my current manager is a bloke, who I guess really is a big woman when it come to some things.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I report to a bloke at the moment, but my previous 11 managers going back to 1996 were all women. One of them could be slightly bizarre at times, but professionally they were all OK.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    I've had 3 different women above me at work, and only the last one was ruled my the moon. She didn't like it when she found out I was getting much more than her though.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Whats up Sandy, you were so chilled yesterday!

I take it the flirting gent has found another target today and you are feeling rejected.
    Come on sweetheart tell us what you need, we will try and make you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• voron
    replied
    I can honestly say that I have never met any 'emotional' women managers. Most of the women I've encountered in proper management roles have been real bitches.
    And before someone counters with the old 'when a man does something's it's okay but when a woman does the same thing she's called a bitch', no. There are decent managers and there are bastards/bitches.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Very important observation from Becs. Whether you're a man or a woman, know your limitations, learn from previous mistakes, and avoid things you know you're no good at.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Much to my shame, I will have to admit that most of my women managers have not been very good.
    Bit too emotional and in the case of 2 of them at least, unable to separate personal issues from project issues.

One of them was realting anything bad happening to her as the product of sexist attitudes, where it clearly wasn't the case.

I am not sure I would make a very good manager myself. The only time when I was asked to lead a (small) team, I ended up messing it up as one of the guys wasn't pulling his weight and I couldn't face having to tell him off, and never did.

I have a suspicion that men are generally better at being rational, keeping things logical and factual and distance themselves emotionally from the problems they face.

I am happy not being a manager, just a techy, as long as the money's good and the politics are 0% of the workload, great!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X