• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fake jobs on Jobserve"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Interestingly the fake jobs for over here disappeared last night.

There are older, real, jobs still up there, just all the fake ones gone.

Wonder if it was something we said...

I was pondering out loud to the girly about it and she showed me in an on-line law book where it says I have a duty to report them. Now I don't have to, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I am currently in India, I can't get into jobserve site, I get redirected to their Indian site.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I don't think so, you ring them, they give you the spiel and skip to the end, it's a perm role.

Then wtf was it doing in the contract section??????

no mistake just wasting our time
    hence the quotes!

the excuse they always use is "oh that's a mistake it's actually a permanent role, would you consider permanent work?"

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    "Unusually this client needs references before the interview.. when can you send them?"
    when they offer me the contract!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I don't think so, you ring them, they give you the spiel and skip to the end, it's a perm role.

even worse is the 10-15 mins of conversation which then ends with

"Unusually this client needs references before the interview.. when can you send them?"

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    another classic is perm jobs listed as a "contract"

Presumably many agents "make a mistake" and choose the option in a drop down.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    So what is the MO of the fake CV scam, just fire out CVs with with your current job a fake with specific skill sets?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    another classic is perm jobs listed as a "contract"

Presumably many agents "make a mistake" and choose the option in a drop down.

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    Ah right, those Contract/Permanent 'roles', looking at one right now.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    There is a cracker in Edinburgh just now for a "Contract/Permanent" role of "Ultra Dynamic Web Developer - Award Winning Search Engine" doing "Java/VB/ASP/C#" with a rate of anywhere between "25 and 55"

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I saw an advert last week for a very well paid contract based just around the corner from me and in a line of work in which I have at least 10 years experience.

Anyway - I phoned the agenct as I've contracted through them in the past and asked if there was anything available.
    Shock... absolutely nothing going, although could I please send him an updated CV

Now, he's either bulltulipting me and already had enough CV's for the client
    OR
    he wasn't bulltulipting me and the advert was fake
    OR
    he's just a retard
    bound to be 2 AND 3

tim

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    What's even funnier is watching a fake job appear, then over the following hours and days watching other agencies doing a chinese copy of the same job and posting their version of the advert on jobserve.

You get this chain of fake jobs triggering fake jobs, which trigger more fake jobs, until in the end you see this chinese-whispers effect leading to the most bizarre adverts, which get posted on this forum for us to laugh at.

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    No, but you said you'd been reading CVs and they were the same as a year or two ago. Mine's the same as a year or two ago. With some bits added since then of course.
    Bah, edited.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I saw an advert last week for a very well paid contract based just around the corner from me and in a line of work in which I have at least 10 years experience.

Anyway - I phoned the agenct as I've contracted through them in the past and asked if there was anything available.
    Shock... absolutely nothing going, although could I please send him an updated CV

Now, he's either bulltulipting me and already had enough CV's for the client
    OR
    he wasn't bulltulipting me and the advert was fake
    OR
    he's just a retard

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by bored
    Yeah. Not sure I even care about fake CVs...
    No, but you said you'd been reading CVs and they were the same as a year or two ago. Mine's the same as a year or two ago. With some bits added since then of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X