• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: News of the World

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "News of the World"

Collapse

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Really?

I've just got back from the local 7-11 where they have six segments of their newspaper rack all for the News of the World. They have more of them then everything else put together.

The bad news is, the talentless harridan, the bald pig, Jade Ungoody is on the front cover. <shudder>

I left it on the shelf.

That pic of Jade has even made the national news!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Really?

I've just got back from the local 7-11 where they have six segments of their newspaper rack all for the News of the World. They have more of them then everything else put together.

The bad news is, the talentless harridan, the bald pig, Jade Ungoody is on the front cover. <shudder>

I left it on the shelf.
    The paper is available in all the usual outlets. It's the free dvd that is only available in wH Smiths stores. Funnily enough they state this on page 9 of the rag.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Turns out the offer is only available at WH Smith stores. DOH!
    Really?

I left it on the shelf.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    It was nostalgic.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    ... Life on Mars (first 2 episodes)...
    I sat here stunned.

I've not had a telly for 7 or 8 years, but I do recall the earlier Life on Earth series and other David Attenborough stuff. For a few seconds I thought it was another of them.

My first reaction was:

"But I bet he's only doing the voice overs - he won't have gone himself."

The second was:

"Maybe I shouldn't have got rid of the telly."

The third was:

"Hang on. Why haven't I read about this on any of the astronomy web sites I follow?"

Cue Wikipedia...

"Life on Mars is a BAFTA and Emmy-winning British science fiction and police drama television series. It was first broadcast on BBC One between January 2006 and April 2007."

Not another ******* police drama. Jeez. The telly stays in the shop.

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Hmmm...
    It`s got a green tick from Mcafee site advisor, I`m running AVG and I get no warnings.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    I understand this is a television series, you`re a contractor why don`t you download it (for free)?

http://tv.katz.cd/search/life+on+mars
    Hmmm...

Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    I understand this is a television series, you`re a contractor why don`t you download it (for free)?

http://tv.katz.cd/search/life+on+mars

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There was an interesting article in the BBC News magazine in 2006 about it, IIRC.
    Close - it was October 2005.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I used to buy it when I was 12 and wanted to look at Sam Fox's tits.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Unless it's included with the paper, it's not worth getting, since they will inevitably have sold out by the time you get to the shop. Which is, of course, exactly what they rely on.

There was an interesting article in the BBC News magazine in 2006 about it, IIRC.
    The Telegraph yesterday had a dvd with 2 films on it. They managed to insert the dvd, without restricting it to Wh Smiths shops. They hadn't sold out at 1pm either (which is when I bought my copy). I'm busy building up a stock of dvds and special deals 8 beers for 3.89 etc. For the coming long stretch on the bench.. Cunning plan hey?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Turns out the offer is only available at WH Smith stores. DOH! Not that Smiths is a million miles from where I live, but I'm not going to make a second journey for this). Fool me once...I think it's going to be another 10 years before I consider buying NoTW again.
    Unless it's included with the paper, it's not worth getting, since they will inevitably have sold out by the time you get to the shop. Which is, of course, exactly what they rely on.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Turns out the offer is only available at WH Smith stores. DOH! Not that Smiths is a million miles from where I live, but I'm not going to make a second journey for this). Fool me once...I think it's going to be another 10 years before I consider buying NoTW again.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Surely £60 is a small price to pay to avoid the hideous embarrassment of having to queue in the newsagent holding a copy of Winker's Weekly.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Chav alert

If you like Life on Mars, why not buy boxed sets of the first two series? They're only £30 or so each.

Surely £60 is a small price to pay to avoid the hideous embarrassment of having to queue in the newsagent holding a copy of Winker's Weekly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X