• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thus

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thus"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Despite their eccentric and disfunctional accounting, I stick with Demon Thus because as they are slightly more expensive than most ISPs most people are put off joining them.

That means their systems aren't overloaded with subscribers, as the el cheapo ISPs are more likely to be, and that in turn means they have very generous "fair use" caps (60 Gbytes in a rolling 30 day period, and even if you make it onto the rogues' list your speed is only throttled down for a few days).

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Well, some more emails later and we're stuck with them asking for my Bank Account number and Sort code. This is all so fishy I think I ought to write it off and dump Demon.

So, doing the needful and with plenty quickness, would someone please recommend a service provider that talks the English with much wellness and has an accounts dept. that doesn't suck like ... well imagine Tony B'liars wife, a hosepipe, and a golf ball.
    Without hesitation I recommend Be Internet.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Well, some more emails later and we're stuck with them asking for my Bank Account number and Sort code. This is all so fishy I think I ought to write it off and dump Demon.

So, doing the needful and with plenty quickness, would someone please recommend a service provider that talks the English with much wellness and has an accounts dept. that doesn't suck like ... well imagine Tony B'liars wife, a hosepipe, and a golf ball.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    One of their offices is just across the road from where I am now. Want me to see if I can't get a brick through their window?
    Nah, don't think it'd help, I'm fairly certain I'm talking to a cretin recently pulled from a rice paddy. I'm talking to some loon who when told of a SWIFT transfer asked me for the BACS details, when I pointed out it was a SWIFT transfer, they just searched for BACS and replaced with SWIFT on his earlier email and sent that. It would be amusing if he hadn't also miss-spelt ""SWIFT", "Swit" and the query sent now makes no sense at all as SWIFT doesn't have the fields the same as BACS and I know they're different bank accounts at Demon, so if he's looking in the wrong place of course he can't find it..

I'm guessing he's got some BACS search screen up ... no, no more guessing, I've kindly requested he does the necessary and escalate it, but he won't, so I certainly know I'm dealing with a cretin.

As if I don't have more pressing things to do, like posting on this board, for example.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    There words or yours? I hate americanisms, and "Lets see if we can't..." is one of the worst!

Its a hell of a lot easier to NOT do something, you simply...don't try!

There grammer is most nonsensical at the best of times.

But hell

I could care less..

I fact I think I will.
    Well, if we're picking up on each other's grammar:

"There words".....er..how about "Their words"? And its grammar

But lets not fall out over it . Consider my offer of a bricking revoked.

Leave a comment:

• Solidec
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    One of their offices is just across the road from where I am now. Want me to see if I can't get a brick through their window?
    There words or yours? I hate americanisms, and "Lets see if we can't..." is one of the worst!

Its a hell of a lot easier to NOT do something, you simply...don't try!

There grammer is most nonsensical at the best of times.

But hell

I could care less..

I fact I think I will.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied
    It's that time of year when I feel I must vent about how hopeless the accounts department at THUS is.

To save a long diatribe listing the various incompetances they exhibit, just take it as read that I am now vented.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Damn right. I've been with Demon Thus for years, as their service isn't too bad, and their accounts system is notoriously cranky. They only recently started taking card payments over the phone. One used to have to send a cheque, which was processed in India or something.
    Well, tried paying by credit card last two years, only to be asked for "issue number" which is a debit card thing!

Yes, and this time they've sent me an email asking me for all my bank details. I looked at all the email headers 'cause I was like WTF! Nigerian scammers playing at being THUS accounts department now? But no, it really was THUS!

Really wish they'd just give me someone with a clue, which is what will happen eventually, just the same as last year, just the same as every year.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    What is Thus?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    It's that time of year when I feel I must vent about how hopeless the accounts department at THUS is.

To save a long diatribe listing the various incompetances they exhibit, just take it as read that I am now vented.
    Damn right. I've been with Demon Thus for years, as their service isn't too bad, and their accounts system is notoriously cranky. They only recently started taking card payments over the phone. One used to have to send a cheque, which was processed in India or something.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    If they're so crap, and do this every year, why do you stay as their customer?
    Indeed:

"Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results."

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied

If they're so crap, and do this every year, why do you stay as their customer?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Threaded, old boy! Their incompetence appears to be contagious!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    started a topic Thus

Thus

Working...
X