• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fleetwood

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fleetwood"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Wasn't it because he owned a Cadillac Fleetwood?
    I wonder why he didn't call himself Cadillac then?

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My great-great-grandfather was the first person to own a bicycle in Fleetwood!
    And five minutes later he was the first person to have a bicycle nicked in Fleetwood, right?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I quite like the seaside in winter.
    When I worked at CSC they used to have their 'Christmas do' at the winter gardens in Blackpool in January- great fun.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    The NHS Pension place in Fleetwood is a bit of a tulip hole!

There's two things that smell of fish in Fleetwood. One is fish, the other is not fish!

PS my boat is pictured on Fleetwood Lake.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My great-great-grandfather was the first person to own a bicycle in Fleetwood!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    People are always banging on about Slough.

While it might not be the most salubrious town in England, it is certainly a lot better than many comparably-sized towns in the West Midlands, Lancs, Yorks, Essex etc.

Slough gets a bad rap. It's all that Betcheman bloke's fault.

It's not as though Harlow or Huddersfield has Windsor Great Park next door to it.
    One of the shopping centres in Slough has an up to date rewrite of the Betjeman poem in it, extolling the virtues of Slough and how it is fit for humans now.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Fleetwood's a nice place. Not interesting, just nice. Especially if you like fresh fish and don't mind drizzle.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Nothing at all. I named myself after a Cadillac Fleetwood that I used to own.

I don't know what the etiquette is for quoting the deceased but here's the answer.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that was why.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

While it might not be the most salubrious town in England, it is certainly a lot better than many comparably-sized towns in the West Midlands, Lancs, Yorks, Essex etc.

It's not as though Harlow or Huddersfield has Windsor Great Park next door to it.
    Probably true appart from Slough being a bit of crime hotspot, car jackings etc.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yes I though that too.

Anyone know why he used the moniker 'Fleetwood'?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I thought this post was going to be a remembrance thread for out pedantic spelling poster, god bless his soul.
    Yes I though that too.

Anyone know why he used the moniker 'Fleetwood'?

He liked to throw in a bit of French as well, just to be poncey.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I thought this post was going to be a remembrance thread for out pedantic spelling poster, god bless his soul.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied

To be honest I've not recently been oop north to compare anything there, but once every 4-6wks I'm forced to spend an hour in Slough town centre and it really is as bad as the reputation it has built up. When HMV and WH Smith are the redeeming factors you know there's an issue...

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Makes Slough look good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X