• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Code Monkeys' V 'Systems Monkeys'"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Bovvered
    I decided not to take an MCSE long ago when I realised MCSE are actually less inteligent, and are just trying to prove in a futile manner that they actually have something to offer this industry!
    MS certs are just bollox. The way to pass them is not to study but just to get the sample papers and memorise as much as you can. It's different with the other certs where to pass to need to have some knowledge.

Nonetheless, if I follow your logic I can say that I didn't feel like a degree in nuclear physics was really intelligent but still claim to be a nuclear scientist.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Well if that ever happens, it might be a good time to give up this business, and get a job at Tescos. I hear they're hiring.
    Oh, naïve one, there won't be a Tescos. Think subsistance farming.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Re:

Originally posted by TheRealHHH
    56p an hour?

f**k me, you must be an mcse
    I decided not to take an MCSE long ago when I realised MCSE are actually less inteligent, and are just trying to prove in a futile manner that they actually have something to offer this industry!

Leave a comment:

• TheRealHHH
    replied
    Looks like my contract rate. Wait...no, sorry, I read the decimal point wrong.

56p an hour?

f**k me, you must be an mcse

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Re:

Well they just took on 'the late great JC' on £5.60 per hour

Stock replenishment technician
    Looks like my contract rate. Wait...no, sorry, I read the decimal point wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealHHH
    replied
    Well if that ever happens, it might be a good time to give up this business, and get a job at Tescos. I hear they're hiring.
    Well they just took on 'the late great JC' on £5.60 per hour

Stock replenishment technician

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Re:

Originally posted by threaded
    Ship the traders jobs offshore as well. Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Ship the traders jobs offshore as well. Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    With all the software development going to India I'd say it's the 'Systems Monkeys' that are in greater demand. There is only so much you can do remotely.
    There's also so much coding you can do remotely. Many, many, projects require a lot of interaction with the user as ironing out the requirements fully is an ongoing, organic process. Rarely is a system specced up well enough to ship it out of the country. I'm currently at an investment bank. The traders wouldn't tolerate it. Same is true of a lot of other projects I've been on.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Rebecca in "Indian Passport Application!?" mode
    I thought you had one already Becks, or is this a last minute I'm an antipodean in Guantanamo Bay 'get me out of here'...

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    I am coding systems - I have also systemized code. Which catiegory do I fit in?

Rebecca in "Indian Passport Application!?" mode
    I think you can be easily replaced with Eileen.

http://www.newtechusa.com/ppi/talent.asp

How about Chino? Is he a relative of Chico? Has he pestered the others with the Alpha courses already?

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    I'm a systems monkey - and get calls from pimps almost daily!

Yeh.. lots of calls all for 5p an hour !!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Talking of Monkeys, anyone seen Arkwright?

Leave a comment:

• TheRealHHH
    replied
    'Code Monkeys' always seem to have a personal hygiene problem. Why is that?

Leave a comment:

• The Late, Great JC
    replied
    Who are in the greater demand?

With all the software development going to India I'd say it's the 'Systems Monkeys' that are in greater demand. There is only so much you can do remotely.
    Our company sends a lot of the code monkey stuff to India . The tricky stuff we do in-house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X