• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Upmystreet... house prices.. SMUG POST"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Just got an email from Upmystreet that shows a similar detached house .12 mile from mine sold for 345,000 pounds in October !! So, no sign of a massive crash in my area !!
    345K GBP was for a five bedroom house. They knocked the large house down where you live and build housing association studio flats therefore, you have a half share of 86k

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Indeed, and that gives an even higher price of 383,333 which does seem rather unrealistic even for 2007 prices !!
    Actually, my maths is a bit out cos if you reduce 379,500 by 10% you get 379,000 - 37,900 = 341,100 , but hopefully you get my drift.
    345,000 / 0.9 = 383,333

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    You have an economics degree and yet you did not learn that the money that your house is worth is only real money when you actually sell it and pocket the money?

Here we go, another millionaire like Dim Prawn... well, good luck but for now you are just a home owner (like most of us - assuming you have no mortgage - like most of us again - otherwise you are not even a home-owner but just a bank debtor).

I would like to hear what you are renting for 130 quid a month, which is the current cost of my mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10% until now.
    You have an economics degree and yet you did not learn that the money that your house is worth is only real money when you actually sell it and pocket the money?

Here we go, another millionaire like Dim Prawn... well, good luck but for now you are just a home owner (like most of us - assuming you have no mortgage - like most of us again - otherwise you are not even a home-owner but just a bank debtor).

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    How does the value of your house look on here??

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/

298,000 . Their software though gives a different price for every property in the same road even though many of the properties are the same spec. There is another house of the same spec as mine for which it gives a 334,000 valuation.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    How does the value of your house look on here??

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Should you have multiplied 345,000 by 100/90?

Indeed, and that gives an even higher price of 383,333 which does seem rather unrealistic even for 2007 prices !!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Actually, my maths is a bit out cos if you reduce 379,500 by 10% you get 379,000 - 37,900 = 341,100 , but hopefully you get my drift.
    Should you have multiplied 345,000 by 100/90?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10%. If you add that 10% you get 345,000 + 34,500 = 379,500, which sounds expensive for 2008 or even 2007 prices.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    What would it have sold for in January 08 ?

According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10%. If you add that 10% you get 345,000 + 34,500 = 379,500, which sounds expensive for 2008 or even 2007 prices.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Just got an email from Upmystreet that shows a similar detached house .12 mile from mine sold for 345,000 pounds in October !! So, no sign of a massive crash in my area !!
    Yes, some people believe the yanks didnt land on the moon as well!

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    What would it have sold for in January 08 ?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    started a topic Upmystreet... house prices.. SMUG POST

Upmystreet... house prices.. SMUG POST

Working...
X