• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Battle against Theft begins 13th January"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Especially if you can get one in CyberToryShire where prices never go down

Down 9% last year in my area, but that is well below the national average because we have one of the highest employment areas in the country.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Well, as equities could be in the doldrums for 3 to 4 years according to the experts, I would wait before investing in shares, if at all. Otherwise, you will just be paying charges for them to hold your money. Still far better to buy a second property at auction IMO.
    Especially if you can get one in CyberToryShire where prices never go down

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    At the moment I am still in cash. I ordered my pension advisor twice during 2006/2007 to switch to shares. Lucky he ignored me!

He reckons to start switching at end 2009.....

Well, as equities could be in the doldrums for 3 to 4 years according to the experts, I would wait before investing in shares, if at all. Otherwise, you will just be paying charges for them to hold your money. Still far better to buy a second property at auction IMO.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Well I know exactly where my pension goes and it's not into sub-prime selling over-levereged UK PoS banks.
    At the moment I am still in cash. I ordered my pension advisor twice during 2006/2007 to switch to shares. Lucky he ignored me!

He reckons to start switching at end 2009.....

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    ... and I hope that your pension does well too !!
    Actually I think that you're right, it's just that you're even more annoying than right

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Undecided, but anybody with investments in pensions etc should be interested in this court case because your pension scheme may be holding bank shares... even Rock shares.
    If HMG gets away with theft here it will continue to try this stealth method elsewhere. I still see nationalisation of other banks being a possibility as New Lie get more and more desperate to create a recovery by mass-lending before the next election.
    I have a strong suspicion that it has reintroduced shorting in order to suppress the SPs of banking shares to enable 'cheaper' full nationalisation. Time will tell.
    If you need help organizing a great demo at the RCJ just let me know. I organized a great demo there once that got loads of publicity.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Well I know exactly where my pension goes and it's not into sub-prime selling over-levereged UK PoS banks.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    With apologies to expat, no-one gives a tulip, **** off.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Was that a seriously or not?
    I think CyberTory is trying to fill the AtW void, but instead of My Lunch threads it's just Northern Crock threads instead

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    "UKSA is also organising a series of public demonstrations outside the courts on 13 January to increase support for its plight. "

Will you be there?

Undecided, but anybody with investments in pensions etc should be interested in this court case because your pension scheme may be holding bank shares... even Rock shares.
    If HMG gets away with theft here it will continue to try this stealth method elsewhere. I still see nationalisation of other banks being a possibility as New Lie get more and more desperate to create a recovery by mass-lending before the next election.
    I have a strong suspicion that it has reintroduced shorting in order to suppress the SPs of banking shares to enable 'cheaper' full nationalisation. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Was that a seriously or not?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    "UKSA is also organising a series of public demonstrations outside the courts on 13 January to increase support for its plight. "

Will you be there?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You'll get Rock-All.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    started a topic Battle against Theft begins 13th January

Battle against Theft begins 13th January

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...t-1230156.html

http://www.ftadviser.com/FTAdviser/M...court-case.jsp

http://www.money.co.uk/article/10024...ait-review.htm