• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How would you like to die?"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    or

You know that it would be untrue
    You know that I would be a liar
    If I was to say to you girl
    We couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire
    Try to set the night on fire

Oh, the time to hesitate is through
    There's no time to wallow in the mire
    If I was to say to you
    That our love becomes a funeral pyre

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Oh oh
    Mmmm, yeah
    Oh oh

Light my fire
    Light my fire yeah yeah
    Mmmm, yeah

The time to hesitate is through
    There's no time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love becomes a funeral pyre

Yeah

Come on baby light my fire
    Come on baby light, light my fire
    Light my fire, light my fire, light my fire
    Whoa, yeah
    Light, light, light, light, light, girl

All you've got to do is light my fire
    You gotta light it girl
    You gotta light it yeah
    Light my fire, light my fire, light my fire,
    Whoa, yeah
    Light, light, light, light, light, girl, girl

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    or

Love is a burning thing
    and it makes a firery ring
    bound by wild desire
    I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
    I went down,down,down
    and the flames went higher.
    And it burns,burns,burns
    the ring of fire
    the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
    when hearts like our's meet
    I fell for you like a child
    oh, but the fire went wild..

I fell in to a burning ring of fire....

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Conversely, I'd absolutely hate to be burned at the stake. That would hurt.
    at least you could sing a song as you go...

I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you
    Fire, I'll take you to burn
    Fire, I'll take you to learn
    I'll see you burn

You fought hard and you saved and earned
    But all of it's going to burn
    And your mind, your tiny mind
    You know you've really been so blind
    Now 's your time, burn your mind
    You're falling far too far behind
    Oh no, oh no, oh no, you're gonna burn

Fire, to destroy all you've done
    Fire, to end all you've become
    I'll feel you burn

You've been living like a little girl
    In the middle of your little world
    And your mind, your tiny mind
    You know you've really been so blind
    Now 's your time, burn your mind
    You're falling far too far behind
    OOhhh
    You're gonna burn, you're gonna burn
    You're gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn

Fire, I'll take you to bed

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'd like to go as the result of a minor equipment failure at around 40-60 metres under water.
    You'd be nicely narked, and slip into unconsciousness dreaming of pretty fishies.

Conversely, I'd absolutely hate to be burned at the stake. That would hurt.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The judge is looking me in the eye

'.... and further more, that you did knowingly pull the pin from said hand grenade before forcing it down Anthony Blairs throat, and that you knew that the bayonet was rusty, contrary to article 56 of the Geneva convention, before sticking it up Gordon Browns ring-piece.
    For all these crimes, you will be taken to a place.....'

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    in a bizarre vacuum cleaning accident.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Following on from the life expectancy thread : How would you like to die?
    In perfect health...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Either

(a) quietly in my sleep, but not after a long illness

(b) in a Swiss clinic, after being diagnosed with something nasty, but having put my affairs in order and explained it to my children

(c) in a blaze of glory

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I will never Die as I was never Born.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Dunno, but I would like to be buried at sea.
    Possibly on a flaming Viking longboat.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Dr Livingstone met a lot of other Europeans in Africa, not just Stanley.
    One of them had been stalked and attacked by a lion, the lion had been in the process of eating him when it was chased off by askaris. (african soldier/porters)

He said that after the initial terror, a calm and peace decended upon him as he watched the lion chewing away. He said God was indeed merciful and it reinforced his religeous conviction.
    (He made a good recovery incidentally)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Fame at last. as long as I get there I dont care how......

thats a good point that, you got me thinking now.

Here another question for you to ask BP

'How much of your remaining time would you give up, if you could die famous ?'

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Probably not as painful as being burnt to death though.
    You'd think.
    Some victims of severe burns report not feeling their injuries while they are still in danger or intent on saving others. Once the adrenalin and shock wear off, however, the pain quickly sets in. Pain management remains one of the most challenging medical problems in the care of burns victims.
    Here's the article

The ways you can go:
    Drowning
    Heart attack
    Bleeding to death
    Fire - It's usually the toxic gases that prove lethal
    Decapitation
    Electrocution
    Fall from a height
    Hanging
    Lethal injection
    Explosive decompression

The quickest and painless way...

"Beheading, if somewhat gruesome, can be one of the quickest and least painful ways to die - so long as the executioner is skilled, his blade sharp, and the condemned sits still."

"If you end up losing your head, but aren't lucky enough to fall under the guillotine, or even a very sharp, well-wielded blade, the time of conscious awareness of pain may be much longer. It took the axeman three attempts to sever the head of Mary Queen of Scots in 1587. He had to finish the job with a knife.!"

Drowning
    The "surface struggle" for breath

Death by drowning has a certain dark romance to it: countless literary heroines have met their end slipping beneath the waves with billowy layers of petticoats floating around their heads. In reality, suffocating to death in water is neither pretty nor painless, though it can be surprisingly swift.

Just how fast people drown depends on several factors, including swimming ability and water temperature. In the UK, where the water is generally cold, 55 per cent of open-water drownings occur within 3 metres of safety. Two-thirds of victims are good swimmers, suggesting that people can get into difficulties within seconds, says Mike Tipton, a physiologist and expert in marine survival at the University of Portsmouth in the UK.

Typically, when a victim realises that they cannot keep their head above water they tend to panic, leading to the classic "surface struggle". They gasp for air at the surface and hold their breath as they bob beneath, says Tipton. Struggling to breathe, they can't call for help. Their bodies are upright, arms weakly grasping, as if trying to climb a non-existent ladder from the sea. Studies with New York lifeguards in the 1950s and 1960s found that this stage lasts just 20 to 60 seconds.

When victims eventually submerge, they hold their breath for as long as possible, typically 30 to 90 seconds. After that, they inhale some water, splutter, cough and inhale more. Water in the lungs blocks gas exchange in delicate tissues, while inhaling water also triggers the airway to seal shut - a reflex called a laryngospasm. "There is a feeling of tearing and a burning sensation in the chest as water goes down into the airway. Then that sort of slips into a feeling of calmness and tranquility," says Tipton, describing reports from survivors.

That calmness represents the beginnings of the loss of consciousness from oxygen deprivation, which eventually results in the heart stopping and brain death.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I think most people would like to die saving others, the more the better. Here is your headline BP.

'The Daily Bugle. Stop Press. Brillo Pad sensation.
    For five years the worlds top cellular biologists have been seeking the Perfect human DNA strand. One that provides intelligence, survival of the fittest, physical stregnth, resilliance, nice personality, good looks, resistance to disease, wit and wisdom.
    That person has been found. Unfortunately he had to be melted down, so the DNA could be sucked out, but we are sure he wouldnt mind. His DNA molecules are now safe in the Albert Hall, along with body parts from other famous world leaders.

In case it all goes wrong, scientists have also identified the antidote. The DNA of the biggest loser has been identified and extracted. A Mrs Brillo Pad said 'it's what he would have wanted''

<ducks>

Fame at last. as long as I get there I dont care how......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    One of the most painful ways to go actually. I read it once somewhere - it's takes more than it's share fair of time and the pain felt is excruciating.
    Probably not as painful as being burnt to death though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X