• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain ready to take in Guantánamo prisoners"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    sn0rkelling?
    Whining

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    sn0rkelling?
    I suspect some sort of diving will be involved.......

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    You're only jealous cos you'll be working your ****s off to pay Gordon's new taxes while I'll be ******** !!
    sn0rkelling?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He's got a trannie in Brazil hasn't he? Who else would have a repetitive, boring whittering old fool like him? Good job his lump sum has come through to pay 'her' fees.

You're only jealous cos you'll be working your ****s off to pay Gordon's new taxes while I'll be ******** !!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When are you off and where are you going?
    He's got a trannie in Brazil hasn't he? Who else would have a repetitive, boring whittering old fool like him? Good job his lump sum has come through to pay 'her' fees.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Haven't decided yet, as I have only just got back from Sao Paulo. I'm looking for a contract out there but when my pension starts paying out in 17 months time I won't have to bother with a contract.

The North-East is the best area IMO around Natal/Fortaleza where the biggest airport in SA is currently being built. However, I am still exploring because it is a massive country, so my opinion may change.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 19 January 2009, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    New Lie have let so many potential terrorists into the country since 1997, so what's a few more. I'm leaving anyway so I'd rather have them here than in Brazil etc.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    New Lie have let so many potential terrorists into the country since 1997, so what's a few more. I'm leaving anyway so I'd rather have them here than in Brazil etc.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, it's not the best example indeed, though the main point stands - Waffen SS were battlefield troops (tank divisions etc) who had nothing to do with prison camps or war crimes, yet the stain has fallen on the whole structure of SS even...
    Missed this reply at the time, but it has to be corrected. The Waffen-SS committed hundreds of war crimes against civilians, partisans and uniformed POWs, whether they were independent of the KZs or not. That was the point I was making, even if it wasn't the point you were making.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    I find it interesting that we are supposedly fighting to protect our "freedoms" and our "democracy"....yet as soon as we are dealing with a few Arabs the "innocent until proven guilty" bit flies out the window purely on the USA's say so.

I sometimes wonder what it will it take to stop our politicians taking American politicians' word as gospel...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The US military, who succeeded after their surge, were furious and are now very disillusioned with the British.
    Indeed, though Britain makes a lot of efforts in Afganistan - in theory this is where USA should have been more active due to Bin Laden 9/11 connection.

The Surge has worked (I actually supported that idea), but there is a big danger now that new democratic Iraq will democratically merge with Iran and create local superpower with plenty of oil - Iraq I think is outside of OPEC at the moment actually, not sure that will be for long.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    We're already full of extremist and other twomps in this country, why add to this?
    So AtW can have some mates.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    so we take them in? does that mean giving them a visa and letting them out? We're already full of extremist and other twomps in this country, why add to this?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Britain only joined the Iraq war to curry favour with the US, and Gordon Brown's pathetic penny pinching (to try and discredit Tony Blair when he was PM, and to save more money to buy votes with tax credits etc) and his contemptible cowardice in ordering troops not to take an active role in Basra has meant the British army, through no fault of theirs, has failed ignominiously in Iraq.

The US military, who succeeded after their surge, were furious and are now very disillusioned with the British.

So this stunt is just another way for Britain to ingratiate itself with the US and try to make amends for our embarrassing and humiliating military failure.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I do not support dropping 1000lb bombs on buildings that have a school next door.
    Do you support this then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X