• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another terrorist bites the dust !!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    Does that make me a terrorist as well?
    It's not the goals that make one terrorist (though some goals can qualify as genocide thus criminal), but the means of achieving the: via terror, primarily targeting soft targets like civilians.

If "freedom fighters" were ambushing military convoys and stuff like that, then it would be fair play, in a way Taleban are playing far more honestly than Hamas cowards.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    'Democratically elected leader' that is head of a group wants Israel wiped off the face of the earth = terrorist.
    I would also like to see Israel disappear as a political entity. Does that make me a terrorist as well?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    That looks faked.
    Supreme Dalek, eh?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    That looks faked.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qassam_rocket

They have source listed there, I don't think it is faked - those rockets are not being shot in the sea or something, so people who are being shot at tend to notice the difference and it's fairly easy to count.

One thing is for certain - back in 2002-04 there were a lot less rockets fired, big increase definately took place and I think it is easy to explain it - from 2005 Gaza had common border with Egypt that is not controlled by Israel.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    That looks faked.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Qa...h2002-2007.svg

This is the graph showing Qasam rockets frequency - fairly low levels until after 2005 - real pick up in 2006 and 2007. Gaza was left by Israel in 2005 I think, so this allowed Hamas to smuggle a lot of rockets. What would they do if they had full state with trade and complete access to imports? Chemical weapons are not that hard to do and short range missiles will be enough to deliver them. Either way Hamas has demonstrated that they are there just to fight Israel to the death, so having established that it seems reasonable that they get exactly what they want for the others - it's called justice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Hamas have been rocketing Israel for a month or so, and Israel have shown immense self-control until the past week. If there is an election coming up, then Hamas have been really stupid indeed in choosing this timing.

.. again, that laughter is to show my utter contempt for these stupid people that govern the Palastinians.
    Palestinians.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Rather strange that there's an election in Israel in February.

You're almost as blinkered as AtW. Are you sure you're not one of his "FemBots"?

Hamas have been rocketing Israel for a month or so, and Israel have shown immense self-control until the past week. If there is an election coming up, then Hamas have been really stupid indeed in choosing this timing.

.. again, that laughter is to show my utter contempt for these stupid people that govern the Palestinians.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 1 January 2009, 19:58.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Nothing strange - Israel is a democratic country where they don't cancel elections under pretext of imaginary war, they also allow those who oppose the war to express their views without fear of being killed by the Govt. Can the same happen in Palestine? I doubt it very much, so islamic fanatics that blow up civilians deserve to get it all.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    My laughter was directed at Hamas for being so stupid in encouraging Israel to attack them. They are the party that is guilty of causing death and destruction to their own side.

You're almost as blinkered as AtW. Are you sure you're not one of his "FemBots"?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    People are dying on both sides and you find it amusing?

Sick twat!

My laughter was directed at Hamas for being so stupid in encouraging Israel to attack them. They are the party that is guilty of causing death and destruction to their own side.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.......

Not at all. A terrorist deliberately attempts to kill innocent civilians by cowardly means of rockets and bombs. A freedom fighter attacks military targets. There is indeed a very clear distinction.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That was just rubbish though. Much more has been achieved via peace and democracy than murder of innocents by bombs and now suicide attacks. Hamas has also had peace and could have negotiated a settlement but need war and hatred of Israel to justify their existence. Thus they abandoned peace a couple of weeks back and now reap the 'rewards'.
    People are dying on both sides and you find it amusing?

Sick twat!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    "Terrorism is the only way that a small country can fight back against a large one and we are terrorists" - Michael Collins.

That was just rubbish though. Much more has been achieved via peace and democracy than murder of innocents by bombs and now suicide attacks. Hamas has also had peace and could have negotiated a settlement but need war and hatred of Israel to justify their existence. Thus they abandoned peace a couple of weeks back and now reap the 'rewards'.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    "Terrorism is the only way that a small country can fight back against a large one and we are terrorists" - Michael Collins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X