• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Housing Equity Withdrawal at a whopping -5.7 billion"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    SKA news?

Is that the one with Kay Burley? Every time I go onto that channel she's just sat there diddling herself, with a news ticker across the bottom of the screen saying "SKA news imminent".

[Before I get accused of being rude, "diddling" is a term often used by women when they twiddle their thumbs. Honest. Just ask any woman if she diddles herself when she's bored. More than you think will admit it in a number of ways. Usually by blushing.]
    Last edited by PAH; 29 December 2008, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am getting better at this "humour" thingy, eh?

SKA news?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

I have always found your economic posts humourous.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

You've always been good. Tell us the one about the euro again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    And his stella comment was amusing as well.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    AtW is spot on.
    And his stella comment was amusing as well.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    This debt "payoff" is probably due to repos. I think if we look at credit cards stats will be different - people are probably shifting to higher interest debt.
    AtW is spot on.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Oooooh cheerful times!!!

Merry Xmas to all!!

Can you lot not talk about anything remotely upbeat?!
    This is upbeat. Relentlessly borrowing money you can't afford to buy stuff you don't need was mindless. The end of that is good news.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    people are paying off their debts.
    This debt "payoff" is probably due to repos. I think if we look at credit cards stats will be different - people are probably shifting to higher interest debt.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Surely this is good news in the long term; people are paying off their debts. At this rate, Britain could pay off it's debt mountain within the next 200 years!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    the net result is bad for the pound and the economy
    Maybe we should just have this conclusion stamped on the end of every single news item that's published till around April 2013 or so. It's bound to apply to most of them I expect.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Buy your hubby a crate of Stella if you like the upbeating stuff

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You want upbeat? try housepricecrash.com

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I think it'll be a triple (or more) whammy: retailers go bust, shop staff no longer have money to spend, then the triple: the companies that rent the shops out no longer able to maintain their mortgage payments, and fold, next: the banks that lent the money to these companies also fold.
    Oooooh cheerful times!!!

Merry Xmas to all!!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    the effort of climbing from the hole created will be harder the bigger the hole the government gets us into.
    ...and being a Dalek you don't like climbing do you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X